• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #2; Fo-Felix EMI Filter for AC mains 120/230v; By Folsom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will do a GB #4 once GB #3 is exhausted.

Until then just move the resistor or replace it if you are worried. There is no reason to replace GB #2-3 boards with something else when they work as intended, and can be made so the resistor wont be the secondary fuse for free or a few cents.

I would try without the DC trap. Once before on a rather different power filter it did not like a DC trap. The result was heat, however. But there is enough similarity between the two that I would give a shot without the DC trap first.

You are more than welcome to post pictures or diagrams, if we cannot quickly despatch the solution.

Finally finished my first Fo-Felix. My soldering skills could stand improvement but I think it'll work.

Attachments

• Fo-Felix-0001.JPG
    Fo-Felix-0001.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 413
  • Fo-Felix-0002.JPG
    Fo-Felix-0002.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Fo-Felix-0003.JPG
    Fo-Felix-0003.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 410
  • Fo-Felix-0004.JPG
    Fo-Felix-0004.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 376
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.