• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Kerafol Keratherm Red Isolators (TO-220 / TO-247)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First, a status update. I should have the material on 7/24!

Second, my number's aren't adding up :bawling:

Can everyone please check that their quantity is correct? If I don't hear any complaints, then I have 46 TO-220 isolators left for sale.

Name TO-220 TO-247
sandbasser 48 16
HaLo6 50 30
d to the g 40 10
MarkLai 50 50
PH104 50 50
mlloyd1 20 20
korben69 24 24
jims 50 50
av-trouvaille 20 30
neb001 110 50
vegges 20 20
DeBe 30 30
ipolyakov 0 50
digger945 50 0
Ed LaFontaine 20 20
vanofmonks 50 46
leadbelly 20 20
erxg 30 30
jormajj 0 50
gjorgji 0 50
Jason Hubbard 0 20
cetoole 30 30
AlanElsdon 50 50
Valeriano 50 50
pooge 30 30
ichiban 0 12
samoloko 20 32
tinitus 0 30
schro20 40 40

I will take the remaining to-220s, just email me with the total for them.

Otherwise, the numbers you have for me are correct, 50 to-220 46 to-247, regarding what I have paid so far.

On a side note, do these require the use of heatsink compound goop for proper transfer?

Thanks

Chris

Heh, a bit of drama... so, I called today and asked about the package and the company said it was delivered on 7/24... well, I called expecting that it was delayed, but they said no it shipped and was left on my porch on 7/24.

Er, not good huh.

Then after a few minutes of panicking and what not, they call back and said, no it was *sent* on 7/24 and arrived on Monday. Ok, better, but still I haven't seen it. Called down to my shipping and receiving department (my lovely wife) and she reports it was indeed delivered on Monday, but since it was so small she figured it couldn't have been that important and forgot to tell me :)

I guess I just get updates when the 100 lbs of aluminum arrive each week :D

Anyways, I'll set my eyes on it tonite after work and will update everyone.

okay, everything is packed up just need to address a few more envelopes.

Unfortunately, the quality control on the larger TO-247 pads isn't great. There were several that were ripped or had other flaws. I tried my best to weed these out and just took them out of my own batch. If I missed any, it was not intentional. The TO-220 pads were much better, but there were still some. I'll try and get the distributor to help me out with these, but if not, it will be okay. I'll post pictures later just to document the problem. It also seems we were shorted some TO-247 pads as well :/

Either way, I'd recommend looking carefully at them before installing them. Also, on the TO-220 even though they are separated, I'd recommend still using a hobby knife to pull them apart, as if even a small amount of material is connected it can cause issues. You'll see what I mean when you try and just pull them :)

At brief glance, the $3 for the US people will cover the shipping and extra supplies I had to buy to stiffen up the packages.

I haven't had a chance to look at the international packages, but I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Everything should be in the mail by tomorrow morning!

Received mine. Thanks.

I was real pleased to find out that the 247s were MUCH larger than I expected. They were way big enough for the Thermaltrak transistors. The Kerafol literature I've seen, and the info I received from Kerafol, indicated the 247s were smaller. I wonder if they just cite the size of the transistors, and not the actual pad size. In any event, the long search for pads for Thermaltraks is solved. Thanks again.

ah yes, we discussed this at the beginning of the thread (see the first page or so) and many people were excited about the size of these pads. There are are a number of different "TO-247" pads, you have to select them by size and this maps to another part number, and this specific size was selected to fit the larger devices that people use around here, such as the ThermalTrak devices and the large Toshiba devices.

Enjoy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.