• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought you also included speakers and one with high sensitivity too, no? Joking of course!

Good answer:) I asked for details before and you gave it more than enough answer for what is not included :)

So, really what we will get is like YJ Blue/Black board if we want "get it running" level, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with "YJ Blue/Black board" so I can not compare.

:)

So, what do I need to solder if I buy your "get it running" mono board?

If you want just the "kit" then you solder all parts on.

I have offered to install the IC for those that do not wish to attempt the fine pitch of the IC.

I was initially hesitant to offer this because if the board did not work when completed there was no way to tell if it was my installation or the customers' installation of other parts that was the cause.

So the solution was that when I install the IC (for those that want that service) I will test the board for proper operation with a "bed of nails" test fixture.

When completed, the amp will need wires for connection to power, speaker, and source.

If your source is ipod or other portable music player or a computer sound card then you may decide not to require a volume control pot and just use the sources' controls.

For those that want a volume control, there are many brands and values and types that can be obtained.

Doug

Thanks Dug. Will you consider offering two monoblocks on one board design and what is the price for it? Thanks.

Same price as two board...because it is two boards.

Attachments

• TPA311x-PBTL-F.JPG
    TPA311x-PBTL-F.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 623
DUG,
I need to buy 2 boards for a stereo speaker?
With 20 V dc , what is the estimated output ?
Do i need to build a circuit to convert the input signal into + and - from a single ended dac output ?
Are the boards ready for shipping ?
thanks

kp93300

Yes, you would need two boards for two channels.
Depends upon speaker impedance...look at the data sheet:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3116d2.pdf

You do not need a +/- signal. I run all three lines to the source and connect the - input to ground as close to the source as possible. most people just connect the - input to ground on the board. (via a capacitor the same value as + input cap.)

Boards will be ordered this weekend (today).

Doug

Yes, you would need two boards for two channels.
Depends upon speaker impedance...look at the data sheet:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3116d2.pdf

You do not need a +/- signal. I run all three lines to the source and connect the - input to ground as close to the source as possible. most people just connect the - input to ground on the board. (via a capacitor the same value as + input cap.)

Boards will be ordered this weekend (today).

Doug

Hi Doug,

Please revise my request for two boards joined with two ICs soldered. Thanks.

Hi Dug,
What is the power output rating on each of the PBTL module?

Thanks

As always, the answer is: it depends.

It depends on supply voltage...what are you going to use?
It depends on load impedance...what are you going to use?
It depends on heatsinking...what are you going to use?
It depends on inductor selection...what are you going to use?
It also depends on how you rate amplifier output. I rate them at 1%THD, others like larger ratings at 10%THD.

What did you find out from the datasheet?

The link is posted in post 112 and in my first post on this thread.

And yes, thanks, irribeo, it is somewhere between 0-200W.

Happy learning.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.