• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DUG..I may be a little late, but I want 1 pair with IC solder on and a part kit if this still available.

You are on the list. This is the last kit.

Unless someone cancels a kit order all 20 kits have been shipped/purchased/requested.

I still have boards and am ordering another bunch of IC's.

It might be a few weeks to catch up with all of the requests.

I will be sending out more requests for e-mails for invoicing this week.

Doug

You are on the list. This is the last kit.

Unless someone cancels a kit order all 20 kits have been shipped/purchased/requested.

I still have boards and am ordering another bunch of IC's.

It might be a few weeks to catch up with all of the requests.

I will be sending out more requests for e-mails for invoicing this week.

Doug
Yeah. I'm the last one to make it..
will be waiting patiently.
Thanks,,Cesar :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Will be ok to mount Raspberry Pi running Volumio connected to Curryman dac and Dug's PTBL boards a 24v 5amp switching power supply for amps and linear for rpi and dac?

Looks good.

Personally I would use linear supplies everywhere. Need at least 1 amp supply for the pi - they are quite power hungry.

I understand you are going for a single box solution but I would separate the amp from the rest. There is a potential for a reasonable amount of heat in there. I have a BBB/Curryman DAC box and its plenty crowded without adding the amp!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Will be ok to mount Raspberry Pi running Volumio connected to Curryman dac and Dug's PTBL boards a 24v 5amp switching power supply for amps and linear for rpi and dac?

I see that you also got the Samsung OEM SMPS power supply, have you use it yet? How you like it? I think this is one of the best SMPS I seen so far and I have been using it to power my 3116 amp too.

Got the boards today. Thank you.
What down-force can be maximally applied on the heathsink?

Here is how I install the IC's.

I've skipped the fluxing and soldering parts.

They are clamped in place. This allows me to position them right where they need to be.

I can pick up the board and look at the position without disturbing the IC's placement. Short of dropping the board the IC does not move.

There is approximately 350gms of force on each spring.

The IC's are spec'd at 1mm in height.

The tricky part is getting a heatsink that does not connect to other SMT parts that are thicker than that.

The heatsink mounting holes are 1.080" apart.

So to answer your question I can only say that 700gms should be OK.

And thank you for letting me know the boards have arrived...I am waiting for 11 other people to let me know. :)

Doug

Attachments

• IMAG1708-c.jpg
    IMAG1708-c.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 360
  • IMAG1709-c.jpg
    IMAG1709-c.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMAG1712-c.jpg
    IMAG1712-c.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMAG1713-c.jpg
    IMAG1713-c.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG1714-c.jpg
    IMAG1714-c.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG1716-c.jpg
    IMAG1716-c.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Hi Dug,
Sorry for off track a bit. Do you use solder paste and hotair gun to solder SMT ? What is the best way for DIYer to apply the solder paste? I just got a hot air solder gun want want to know which is the better way for SMT.

Thanks

I use a regular iron and liquid flux...and magnifying goggles.

I rest both arms on the work surface and use very strong lighting.

I would recommend a small tip temperature controlled iron.

I can offer no experience using a hot air system.

IMHO it would be more difficult for a novice to control heat with a hot air system.

There is a thread on here somewhere about this subject.

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.