• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas SSHV2 regulator

Joined 2006
Paid Member
HI

I hope still can catch this train and need the following items:

2-SSHV2 boards
2-Transistor kit=20USD
1-Shipment(ship to Hong Kong)

Very appreciate your assistance.

Gary

Hello,
2 x full kit to populate board ;) only? Please

I can do both. I will send you guys private messages.

For the rest of you, still waiting for an update on board production, but I assume I will not see them for another 3 weeks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Good news, we made it in time with the board print details I wanted to update. I hope that C1 & C2 alternative parts size pads are clear now on which pads the capacitors legs must go. There is also a caution for remembering not to allow exposed metal can capacitors touch any pads under their bellies. Plus the TP pads show where to put the red and black DMM probes for proper polarity reading and advise the mV/mA interpretation. Such stuff may seem trivial but we had some confusions in the past. And I remembered to fix those points some time. I updated the guide content a little to the better I hope and put the fresh PCB photo in it too. Its on post#1 replacing the old pdf file.

Attachments

• sshv2pcb2015.jpg
    sshv2pcb2015.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 494
Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB

The GB for the Salas board is open for payment up until 11:59PM EST 8/30/2015.

Payment is via PayPal invoice only. You will need to send me your paypal email via private message for me to start this process. Then I will invoice the parts you requested from the spreadsheet. If you reply to this email - cut out some of the existing text, otherwise the message is too big.;)

Customs forms
DO NOT ask for me to fudge up a customs form with really low amount. These are based on reasonable wholesale price.

Shipping

In general boards are a set costs, and mini kits are built into the shipping costs and larger full kits are 10.00-12 to ship. Starting price for shipping is 8.00 for just a small board and can rise from there.

The boards will ship around 2-3 weeks after the GB closes typically. The boards need to be ordered, I don't have them on hand.

SSHV2 - High Voltage Shunt Regulator

Here is a link to the first post of GB Thread which includes the Construction Guide. It also mentions the parts used in the minikits.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/206033-gb-salas-sshv2-regulator.html#post2892748

The SSHV2 boards are 15.00 each.
The Resistor Minikits are 8.00 each
The transistor kits are 10.00 each
Full kit to populate board only is 40.00

All mini kit parts are listed in the mini kit BOM section listed at bottom of message

Build up unit pic.
SSHv2Works.jpg

MiniKit BOM section. This links goes to full details of all the parts included in the kits and there respective positions on the board.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/741-salas-board-minikits-full-kits.html

Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB

LAST day for Group buy. Please pay invoices by 11:59AM EST. If you want to join GB, please PM email address for paypal invoice to be sent to you, and fill out spreadsheet with desired product. I will send an invoice due today. Thanks to all those who have participated!!

Hi all,

I am trying to use two of these boards in a build and i'm having some issues i cant figure out. I had both boards assembled/tested/and working in a mock up amp, however now that i have built the amp for real i think i have managed to kill them, but i cant figure out what i've done wrong.

At the moment i cannot get more than 10v output from the boards, and the LEDs on each board do not light. I can set the current level for the boards correctly, and if i measure the DC supply feeding them they are sourcing the correct current levels.

I went back to just a 10k test resistor across the output of the board and got the same result, < 10v on the output with only 1ma across it. Only other unusual thing i have noticed is the onboard heatsink is running very hot ~80c.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm a little stumped by this one..

Cheers,

Mark

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
See first that the transistors measure Vbe like 0.6V and that the MOSFETS measure VGS like 2-4V. If not they should need replacement. If no success check with a DMM that can light up an LED on diode mode that each led is still OK as it is soldered on. Or with a battery, but be quick. Also on Ohms mode that no JFET is below 30 Ohm across D & S pins. For more discussion if not debugged easily, we can continue in the Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt Regs thread in power supplies forum. Ready a couple of pictures we maybe can see something wrong on them if we need go there. Good luck.