• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
JensH
I have read Anatech and Cwtim and how they interpret the voltage readings.

Could you clarify the set up procedure for calibrating the input voltage?
and how to read the voltages?
DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490
DiAna, a software Distortion Analyzer

Hi Andrew,

I also find that the calibration process in the different SW packages can be confusing.
Normally I don't really calibrate, because I know what the levels are on the RTX6001. There can be cases though, where a calibration could be useful, or rather, I would prefer to have the option of just telling what the levels are, because they have been adjusted fairly accurately, unlike most PC sound cards of course.

A full scale sine wave corresponds to the numbers shown on the front panel. So a full scale output signal will give a balanced output signal of 100 mVrms, 1 Vrms or 10 Vrms, depending on the output attenuator setting.
The single ended (BNC) output will be half of these values.

I think there are other members here, with calibration experience, who would be in a better position to give advice in this respect.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Andrew,
I'll confirm that the calibration on the RTX-6001 is dead on the money. That in itself is amazing because they calibrated with their asset and I measured with mine (HP 34401A & Agilent U1273A). The values were both within the error band of my instruments.

To calibrate, follow the instructions, entering your measured value. Then when you press the "Calculate" button, accept that the rms level was changed from the 707.1 mV rms in the previous test to 1,000.0 mV rms, giving you a value close to 1,414 mV. I have generators that will hold steady very close the the value they want, so you enter the signal level you are putting in (measured) and it does the rest.

Be happy, Chris

Received mine today, with modifications.
Made the first measurement in AudioAnalyzer v3.0 on a MAC using PlayOnMac.
Nor very familiar with AudioAnalyzer but so far it looks ok.

Thanks
Jens

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 18.21.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 18.21.13.png
    689.7 KB · Views: 335
Got mine yesterday after a vacation hold and DHL almost sending the unit to Texas, not New Mexico. It was a DHL screw-up as it was addressed correctly but DHL delivered as promised. That on top of an internet outage :irked:

It looks great but unfortunately I have no time to play until next week. Thank you Jens for your effort - it's a terrific accomplishment!

And I'll do the modification install myself. Actually looking forward to peeking inside it.

Phil

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Mine was just delivered about 5 minutes ago. It's currently -4°C outside and my unit is just that cold. I opened the box and realized how cold it was so I have put it back in the box and will allow it to equilibrate slowly for a couple of hours to avoid internal condensation. Bummer! LOL

My lunch hour is almost over anyway so it can wait a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.