• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello Jens, i do think as well that most of the participants here should be very capable to do so. My only question would be if warranty would be affected by this mod performed by users.

Regards, Clemens

Hi Clemens,

Unless there is clear evidence of improper handling of the unit, doing the modification should not affect the warranty. You should of course be careful with ESD.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@ JensH, Two simple questions:

-How to disassemble/assemble the unit safely. No instructions have been given in the "pdf".
-Would the unit be needed re-calibration after the mod applied?

I will put together an instruction for disassembly/assembly. It is not difficult, but there are a couple of details to be aware of.

No, it will not require re-calibration. The modification does not influence the main signal path.

Modifications are ongoing at the moment. Shipment will resume by Monday next week.

For those who have already received their RTX6001, I have made a description of the modifications needed to improve the distortion at high input levels.

Please take a look at it and report back if this is something you feel that you are able to do yourself. If so, we will send two mounted PCB's for each Analyzer.
I assume most people on this forum will be able to do the modification, avoiding shipping the unit back and forth. Using a solder iron with a fine tip will be an advantage.
Two small soldering irons (applied simultaneously) will remove a resistor much more easily and helps avoid overheating the PCB pads.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
We will probably send along some wires that are cut to length and with solder applied to the ends. I need to confirm that Monday, but I think this will be the best way.
We use very thin wires, which avoids stress on the tiny solder pads. 0.6 mm sounds like a very rigid wire.

I agree that if you use two soldering irons simultaneusly, it is very easy to remove the resistors. Unless of course, you have a dedicated tool for that (I don't).

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I cannot give you an exact price. As stated in the first post:

Once the items are ready for delivery, you will receive a payment notification by email with bank account information and total price. Prices will be converted at that date to EUR for customers within the EU and DKK for customers in Denmark.

A mail was sent on November 24. I have asked Lene to re-send the mail.
Could you give me your email address in a PM, just to make sure we got it right?
Jens

Just got it. Thanks. I'm pretty sure last one didn't go through since my phone will always inform me new mails. I checked the spam folder and did not find anything from RTX either. Will make the wire transfer soon.

Poting

Status
Not open for further replies.