• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Limited Edition SMD Folded Cascode CEN IV

LT3045 / LT3094 regulators are critical on layout and component choice.
You should study datasheet carefully.
They give you all information there.

For example you should only use Murata GJ8 series MLCC's, and Susumu thin film resistors.
Many commercial modules are not following datasheet instructions.
Best to DIY yourself.

Patrick

Reactions: 1 user
We've had a few queries on power supplies - unsurprising given the advice already given in earlier posts.

Personally I have used 2 supplies with success:

1. Diyinhk low noise supply - based on 2 LT3045 tied at the output to give bipolar supply. This supply is long since replaced I believe, and as EUVL has mentioned above, please do verify layout and components if buying something and not DIYing yourself. With this type of arrangement you must have 2 separate secondaries in the transformer.
800px-8878.jpg

2. A supply loaned to me by EUVL to help in testing. It is a true complementary supply using both LT3045 and LT3094 and are regulators only - a pre-regulated supply is needed.

800px-8879.jpg

Reactions: 1 user