• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Limited Edition SMD Folded Cascode CEN IV

Hi all, thanks to Patrick I am starting GB for Limited Edition SMD Folded Cascode CEN IV from XEN audio.
LINK to thread for technical discussion.

This GB is limited to 20 pairs and will come as a KIT with all matched transistors, capacitors and resistors needed for assembly.
When we reach 20 pairs I will send requests for payment and start ordering transistors for matching.
After matching transistors I will order the rest of needed components and pack everything at least as good as the last GB I did, so you will have no trouble when assembling PCBs.
Between all the ordering, shipping times and matching 500+ transistors it will take a while, so I will report my progress as often as needed, but I hope by the end of year all should receive their KITs...

Price:
  • 1 full KIT 80€ (pair)
  • shipping and packaging EU - 12€, World - 17€

I will update SPREADSHEET, just leave your username here and PM me your contact information (paypal email, and shipping details)

Attachments

• Folded Cascode Cen IV 220830 Public-1.pdf
    980.5 KB · Views: 413
Reactions: 1 users
A huge effort to take on matching some 500 devices of different types (JFETs, MOSFETs and BJT).
Each type requires their own matching setup.
And then the sorting and packing afterwards.
I can tell you it is really a mammoth tasks.

A remark on the Power Supply

The protos that Fran auditioned are using separate +/-15V power supplies for best performance.
In principle, one can adapt the circuit to use +/-12V rails, at somewhat higher distortion.
It should be decided upfront whether 12V or 15V, but it should apply to all 20 pairs.
(Component values are different.)

Patrick