• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It's a little off-topic now, but with all that filtering here, should one really care what type of trafo will go in front of the DCB1 ? :) Poorly made ones excluded, of course.

As I said, mainly a luxury. But if you are touchy you can pick them up. Looks like the ones with best primary to secondary isolation and electrostatic screening cut more EMI mains garbage that goes around in the loops.

I think I'll test an R-core I found on ebay for this one. 15-0-15 @ 250mA + 0-9 @250mA. That should work well and I can use the second winding for a DAC I intend to integrate with the buffer. I'll need to heatsink it well, but since current draw is low, I can afford to drop some volts.

How high can I run my voltages, what do you think?

I think I'll test an R-core I found on ebay for this one. 15-0-15 @ 250mA + 0-9 @250mA. That should work well and I can use the second winding for a DAC I intend to integrate with the buffer. I'll need to heatsink it well, but since current draw is low, I can afford to drop some volts.

How high can I run my voltages, what do you think?
Yes, you can run it with a trafo above 12vac. The output voltage will be a value fixed by the leds.
The only downside is that the mosfets will run a bit hotter, but nothing to worry too much.

regards,
regi

Joined 2006
Paid Member
PRPs

Here is a shot for those who love to look at resistors..:D

50 little mini packs of PRP 9372s.

About one week to go to pay-up.:$:

Attachments

• prps.jpg
    prps.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 372
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Paid List

dvb-projekt
mach1
kannan_s
skaos
Thror
rsotirov
pchw
alazira
Cobra2
fcaton
vegges
Korben69
jameshillj
arrow
cooi
sandbasser
Atilla
hawall841
wct
number9
ccliu
"
thor61"
rmsds
HiljaisuudenMeri
wendell c
roboazar
pstech
1MOR
gervenja
CeeVee
specialidiot
Russellc
ndwalker1
brickj
BDL
macronaut

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Unpaid list.
Still pretty big. No shame in it until Friday :)
kudret
derwhalfisch
saavas
ciagon
wushuliu
samkhanski
damohpi
gjfim
igwt
toufu
qusp
Ryssen