• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cviller said:
Thanks for your support! You are keeping me quite busy with bookkeeping! ;)

I hope it is ok that I don't confirm every single payment. So far I have received from:
korben69
vdi_nenna
vonfilm
RKH

And sent out a lot of requests, but it changes every minute.

Hi cviller, just a thot since your GB is going to become so large that you may want to add a 'paid for boards' and a 'paid for shipping' to the Wiki that you edit or your GB might become a bookkeeping nightmare. Or wait to ask for payment when you know what the shipping will be and make it a one time payment???

Stan

Re: Yes ,

sklimek said:

Hi cviller, just a thot since your GB is going to become so large that you may want to add a 'paid for boards' and a 'paid for shipping' to the Wiki that you edit or your GB might become a bookkeeping nightmare. Or wait to ask for payment when you know what the shipping will be and make it a one time payment???

Stan

Thanks for your concern. It is not really a nightmare. I have a filter in my inbox a spreadsheet with filters and paypal is very nice at sending notifications. I actually find the wiki more of a nightmare because of the merge issues when a lot of people work with it on the same time.

Phil Townsend said:
The Long version!

OK ;)

Payments received from:
korben69
vdi_nenna
vonfilm
hayenc
RKH
ipolyakov
helfred
Phil Townsend
? Jim Tremain

labjr said:
Any reason you didn't put the three thermistors and the .0033uf capacitor on the the PS board?

Because those components are in the AC-mains, and best placed (soldered) directly at the AC inlet (usually at the rear of the amp case).

cviller said:
I have just discovered that Peter Daniel has chosen to also make F5 boards. His boards are much smaller than mine, which some people prefer.

heat dissipation is better (IMHO).

It is not a particularly good idea to prefer small boards, with the powerfets crammed together, for Class A amps. It is difficult enough to get rid of the heat allready. Ideally the heat should be spread as much as possible on the heatsink. Usually Passlabs use more or less the whole length of the heatsink for that purpose. But you will realise that on a summers evening when the party has been going for a few hours:hot:

BTW regarding the PSU-board, it would be convenient if the input and output are layed out for 5mm pcb screwterminals. Not sure if they are, but it doesnt really look like it.

:)

cviller said:
...and heat dissipation is better (IMHO).

If you mean that it's better with my boards, than you would be correct ;)

BTW, Q5/Q6, are they oriented correctly in your layout?

Attachments

• space.jpg
    space.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,117
cviller said:

NIcely spotted! ;)
I have used BC550 and BC560 instead of ZTX.

Thanks for claryfing, as that would be an obvious omission and I had a feeling something else must be at play. Good luck with a group buy, nicely done layout. The single sided one was also nice, with more purity if you ask me ;)

Normally, I wouldn't start the other group buy, the main reason was continuation of previous series of small footprint boards: A30, F3, F4 and now this.

I hear, some people just collect them;)

Peter Daniel said:

Thanks for claryfing, as that would be an obvious omission and I had a feeling something else must be at play. Good luck with a group buy, nicely done layout. The single sided one was also nice, with more purity if you ask me ;)

Interesting point about the layouts single vs double - you are right the double layered is not as pretty, but I think it is mainly due to the big lump of gnd copper I placed over the inputs. If that is removed it looks a little nicer. :D

Attachments

• f5.png
    f5.png
    5 KB · Views: 905
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.