• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heat Sink for F5

Cviller sorry this is OT and I will definitely move to another thread if there is interest.

Looking for heat sinks for the F5 and I came across the following. Initial pricing for a 7" length ranges from $65-$55 US plus shipping. The profile is rated for 0.6c/w...will this dissipate enough heat and if so at what length.

If others are interested I will ask for price quotes for larger quantities.

Nick

Attachments

• mk62430.jpg
    mk62430.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,143
Cheap

Dammmmm you guy's get things cheap. That's $67NZD, they would set me back about $150NZD ea. here.
Could someone throw half a dozen of those into a suitcase and bring them down here for me.

Cheap acc. (lounge room floor) and a free breakfasts........;)

I'll talk to the wife and maybe I could throw her into the package as well...;)
Hey what can I say I'm desperate......

Joined 2005
Paid Member
He is still selling heatsinks on EBay. Try item 170285378120. I just bought two 6 inches long for the one price. Two pair would probably work on the F5. These are the same heatsinks DIYEnclosures was using on the chassis he was offering a while back.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
heatsinks

mantisory said:
at $37 each, those transformers sound like a pretty good reason for another group buy :)
How about appropriate heatsinks? There used to be a guy on Ebay selling nice ones, but I don't see him any more...any ideas?
b

I have contacted the 'ebay seller' who had these. Still see if he is selling them. I will let you know how the consersation goes.
His heatsinks are nice and thick. Although not 2" fins, I have 4 of them on an F2 and at normal bias it's only warm...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
carcass said:
anyone please could explain if for balanced version 4 boards would be needed? and possible to do?

thanks in advance
Good question. Wouldn't that be sweet. Might want to ask in real F5 thread.

hayenc said:
And I will add that the transformers being discussed here are great. I have a pair of Aleph 2 clones using them (with proper voltage) and three of the 4218's for my pair of F4's and an Aleph J.

I use 3x of these as well in my system. I dont get humm or anything from them at all with thermistors that Papa uses on them.

Re: Sometimes ya just gotta ask...

Ed LaFontaine said:
I notified Antek of this group buy and asked if there might be any preferential pricing available for his AN-4218 torroid. That is 2 x 18, 400 VA.

John replied:

"I can offer the individual (transformers)... at $37 each for your group. Please use this discount code GN8128
Thanks.
John"

Please note that does not include shipping.

http://www.antekinc.com/

Am I given to understand that a group buy is not required to get the $37 price??? The code mentioned does the trick??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.