• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seems to be good for use.
"K170" means 2SK170 - "BL" = grade, "8D" production date, maybe...
Same for "J74" = 2SJ74, "BL" = grade, "8G" production date or batch...

I've got some by here, same informations, just production or batch code is different (J74BL6L and K170BL3L).

Jacco's help required !!!! :D

Thanks for the complement!

My setup is probably getting ahead of my skill :D

Thanks much for making the boards available (and certainly thanks Papa for the original design.) My F5 is making beautiful music on my main system, and it is getting better day by day as it burns in. My wife wants me to get a case for it so that the listening room doesn't look like the fea market :clown:

slam said:

The gbf5_guide.pdf in the group buy wiki has a picture of the completed board. Are you looking for something different?

Here is mine undergoing initial adjustment:

F5 board

Thanks, but looking for a close-up of components. You really cannot see everything from the guide or your pics since they are not zoomed enough...but yes they look good!

Question- why do cviller's boards use 22K for R21 and R22 when Nelson uses 10K for these in the F5?

Is it because cviller's boards use the BC560 for Q5 and BC550 for Q6 (so 22K where Nelson uses ZTX450 and ZTX550 with 10K)?

chris, im still waiting to get busy with F5, since the boards not yet arrived.

Im abit dissapointed since i can't check any status of the package.

I hope it will arrive soon. i believe it was shipped on March 7th, and now is going to be 1 month.

Anyone have experience with this going to philippine?

Cheers

With the first rounds of shipping I had some troubles with my labels printer, so I had to resend a few. This is no longer a problem, so it must be the postal service somewhere on the way to the Philippines.

I have return address on all envelopes, so when it gets back we can arrange a resend.

F5 layout

How hot do the heatsinks actually get?

My sinks are about 8 inches by 5 inches, I want to place them inside the case close together

like this.

because this will match the perforated cover, which will not allow the sinks to be placed closer to the front panel (left side). I will drill unsightly holes in the bottom panel to improve airflow.

What is your guess, will it work?

Re: F5 layout

lgreen said:
How hot do the heatsinks actually get?

My sinks are about 8 inches by 5 inches, I want to place them inside the case close together

like this.

because this will match the perforated cover, which will not allow the sinks to be placed closer to the front panel (left side). I will drill unsightly holes in the bottom panel to improve airflow.

What is your guess, will it work?

The heatsinks will run very hot, even if they were outside the case I think they would run very hot. If you had one of those heatsinks per device, you might be closer to running them at a reasonable temperature inside the case, even then with forced air cooling.

That of course is MHO, you should get some feedback from members who have thier F5's up and running.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.