• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: recommendations??

lgreen said:

Me too!

I see that Avel makes a 18-0-18 at 250 VA. Is this sufficient for two channels of F5? I see no VA rating in the F5 materials.

Or the alternative is to get two 18-0-18 at 160 VA but this is almost twice as expensive.

gil-garcia said:
as j have 400va 2x 17v transformer, do you think it is enough with your configuration.
Thanks
Philippe

I think 300 VA or more is recomended with the F5. Some are using a 400VA Antek. I plan to use the Plitron 300VA 2x 18v. I don't know what difference using 17 Volt will make. Not much I would think.

toufu said:
Just a newbie here... Can anybody the proper way to wire the transformer to thermister to the rectifier? Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. I think I'm going to use a terminal strip to wire up the two primary windings to the thermistors and the cap, If that's what you're asking about.

It may have been easier if the thermistors were on the PS board and you could solder them on but Cviller thought is was better to keep the AC away from the DC.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
toufu said:
Just a newbie here... Can anybody the proper way to wire the transformer to thermister to the rectifier? Thanks!

The Thermistors I think your discussing are not connected on that side of the transformer. They are wires from the AC side of the transformer. If your on 220-240v, just wire in series with the hot side. I use a terminal strip or a euroblock and use the thermistor to wire the two points together.

Re: Re: Transistors

pchw said:

Hmm, it doesn't say V, BL, or GR? Do you know? Did you place the order and got a confirmation? I have enough sSK170 but can stock up a few more 2SJ74 for rainy days ....

I did place an order. I didn't know that there was a difference with V, BL or GR? Did I just buy some junk? its not here yet so cannot confirm which type I have, but they are toshiba.

one more for the next batch

Having bought the Conrad heat sinks and waited the many, many months to get them, I'm now getting back to gathering parts for my very first F5.

Cviller, could you mark me down for: 2x F5 and 1x PS boards? (I would send a PM, but apparently I haven't posted enough to have PM privileges yet -- I've lurked and read for a couple years, though!).

New ordersite

I have been brewing on a small site to help me manage the GB orders. I think doing these group buys is very fun, but copy pasting between my database/email and paypal has become a pain. Since I don't have very much profit on these board sales, I want to make sure that I don't have to spend too much time doing tedious work. ;)

Now you can order and pay online using paypal:

http://viller.eu/gb/

The site is very BETA like, but security should be fine (I rely on paypal for payment confirmations).

If you only want to test the site, you can do so until you enter the paypal site - here you'll have to pay or stop your test. :D

The diode rectifier board available is 90x38 mm - I'll post a picture soon.

korben69 said:
2SJ74 Datasheet :
http://www.datasheetcatalog.net/datasheets_pdf/2/S/J/7/2SJ74.shtml

IDSS classification make the grade difference
GR : -2.6 ~ -6.5 mA
BL : -6.0 ~ -12 mA
V : -10 ~ -20 mA

I just got the package from MCM Electronics.

It says 2SK170 JP on the envelope and the markings on the device are "K170" (top row) and "BL 8D" (bottom row).

For the 2SJ74 it says 2SJ74 JP on the package and the markings on the device are "J74" (top row) and "BL 8G" (bottom row)

I assume these are the BL variety and good to use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.