• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got the boards!!!

The mailman just arrived with the boards, and they look really nice. (sorry for the poor quality picture)

I had to pay import tax, but it was not too bad. The boards came a little earlier than expected, so I will have to order a few components to complete the stuffing test.

Even though I have most addresses from paypal - I'll send mails to everyone asking for their shipping address before I start packing, just to be sure.

Attachments

• p1070365_crp_sc.jpg
    p1070365_crp_sc.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 677
hi cviller, nice looking boards, I´m looking forward:)
because of the tax, isn´t it that paypal transfer is for free? So we could give you the difference with no problem, even if it is a small amount for a single person.
just say how much!

A (last) tecnical request: I got IR Mosfets, not the recommended Fairchild ones. But it is possible at least to use them for this project, isn´t it? What disadvantages can I expect? more distortion, more offset?

tnx
stefan

noelectrix said:
hi cviller, nice looking boards, I´m looking forward:)
because of the tax, isn´t it that paypal transfer is for free? So we could give you the difference with no problem, even if it is a small amount for a single person.
just say how much!

No need to - it wasn't all that much and since so many people have joined, there is still some headroom for pizza.

noelectrix said:
A (last) tecnical request: I got IR Mosfets, not the recommended Fairchild ones. But it is possible at least to use them for this project, isn´t it? What disadvantages can I expect? more distortion, more offset?

I use IR parts with no problem at all. The amp still sounds really good, but you should be able to get less distortion using fairchilds.

Hi cviller,

I am happy to learn that there are still some boards available. I am still under moderation, so I can't send you an email through the forum. Perhaps, you are able to send me an email through it?

I would like to order four F5 boards (two stereo sets) and three PSU boards.

Earlier today, I have hooked up my bank account to PayPal, they need two to three business days for verification - so I would be able to pay you probably by the end of this week.

Thank you for your patience and kind regards.

heinz1

No sweat, there are still boards available. I will however focus most of my energy on getting ready to send out some boards.

I have finished the stuffing process... had to use some wrong resistors a few places, and I don't have the thermistors, but it should work nicely without (just a little less temperature stable).

I'll connect some wires and see if it works. :D

cviller, you should not have to pay import tax as the boards are for export. You should be able to claim the tax back.

Also, most countries do not have to pay tax for unfinished products, which a PCB is classed as here. You should take a look with your revenue and customs office.

rhysh said:
cviller, you should not have to pay import tax as the boards are for export. You should be able to claim the tax back.

Also, most countries do not have to pay tax for unfinished products, which a PCB is classed as here. You should take a look with your revenue and customs office.

Thanks for your concern, but it was seriously not that much. The company in china wrote that the boards were samples. If I start involving the bureaucracy, I'm sure everything gets much more complicated. No need to worry about it. :cool:

It plays!!

I am now listening to sweet music through my new F5 channel. I was sidetracked by my girlfriend who thought it was more important to buy furnitures and get them assembled... :confused:

And then I was unlucky with my toroid, I think it was defect. Besides the broken donut, the build was nice and easy.

Attached is a picture of my test setup (there is also another amp on the sink guess which one... :D )

Question about customs
I got some labels from the post-office for the customs, where I can check "gift" or "samples" - which one is better for this occasion? I'll write that the contents is "printed circuit boards" with a value of $1 each board.

I'll start shipping as soon as possible, but not before the weekend - I have to work too. :(

Attachments

• p1070392_sm.jpg
    p1070392_sm.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,011
Is there any kind of final schematic for the power supply, to say the board is sort of unlabeled. :confused:

Also can i please have some more info about the PSU pcb? Capacitor diameter? Lead spacing? Resistor lead spacing?

I have read the thread over a couple of times and cant seem to find what im looking for.

Rhys

Well it is kinda up to you.... I have made holes and connections for pass labs style psu - you can use that. The board however can be used as a generic CRC or CLC psu of your choice - as long as it uses <=35mm diameter snap-ins.

I can put together a schematics for it though.

cviller said:
Well it is kinda up to you.... I have made holes and connections for pass labs style psu - you can use that. The board however can be used as a generic CRC or CLC psu of your choice - as long as it uses <=35mm diameter snap-ins.

I can put together a schematics for it though.

Thanks, can you tell me the lead spacing on the capacitor pads? After looking at your post above with the image, i get the idea!

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.