• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: custom transformer gb?

Dennis Hui said:

May I suggest getting a quote for dual primary transformers
(2 x 115 or so)? That way, they can be used outside of
North America as well.

Cheers,
Dennis

Sure thing..
This makes sense. I will check with a few vendors. If others want to check around for other vendors, please feel free to do so.

I dont mind ordering them up and shipping them out. In USA anyways, a flat rate shipping box maybe a good option.

I used two of these for gainclone monoblocs - dead silent. They are very reasonable - free local delivery at $358HK per unit. The Plitron 230V unit is about the same, but then you have to factor 133CAD for shipping...

Just concerned that the VAC rating is on the low side, but if that is enough, then will try these.

culture said:
Hi cviller,

I was reviewing your board against mine but shouldn't q5 and q6 on your board be turned around 180 degrees?

for q6 ebc are fine but the symbol should be turned around 180 deg.
for q5 it should be cbe and the symbol should be turned around.

c's are connected to the signal path and e's the voltage rails

or am i mistaking?

cheers,

c.

Culture, I checked again. Looks like the symbol is backwards on Q5. for the BC550 transistor. I hope he corrected it before he submitted the artwork.

This stuff is confusing. I couldn't be a proofreader.

labjr said:

I think he mentioned that he's using a substitute for the ZTX with different pin configuration. I don't see a problem with availability of the ZTX here, but that's the deal.

missed that, in that case only the letter on q5 are wrong. Anyway, reviewing pin numbers made me find a mistake in my own design :rolleyes:

edit: missed your post labjr

cheers,

c.

culture said:

missed that, in that case only the letter on q5 are wrong. Anyway, reviewing pin numbers made me find a mistake in my own design :rolleyes:

edit: missed your post labjr

cheers,

c.

Actually, just the symbol for Q5 needs to be turned with the flat side oriented the same as Q6. No problem for me as I'll probably use the Zetex parts so I'll have to check carefully as I build the boards, but it may cause some confusion.

labjr said:

Actually, just the symbol for Q5 needs to be turned with the flat side oriented the same as Q6. No problem for me as I'll probably use the Zetex parts so I'll have to check carefully as I build the boards, but it may cause some confusion.

Sounds like you sorted out the while I was sleeping. :D But as I wrote before when this was discussed I am preparing a document which will be finished when I start shipping the boards. This document will amongst other things explain this. The ZTX devices are funky anyways, because normal TO-92 transistors have a nice curve as backside and flat front with the text, but not the ZTX - they have the curve and front on same side, so I think a guide would be nice either way.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Magura said:
Hmm, this seems pretty simple ;)

You guys are in need of enough treafo's, to have them custom made, and even come out with a cheaper trafo in the end.

A smart guy would stick to a 500VA 2*18V 2*115V primaries.

When you cross the number of 10 trafo's, they almost throw them at you.

http://en.noratel.ezpublish.no/

Nice guys, easy to deal with, can make just about anything you could possibly imagine, fantastic quality, delivers on time, fair price, will deal with anybody :D

Magura :)

I have spoken to Noratel, looking for an estimated 25-100 units with above spec's. I will wait for feedback.

I am also considering looking into some R-Core transformers from Custom Magnetics in USA. Of course, I am not sure anyone has used them, and assume they maybe pricey, but I want to ask.....

mithomas said:

I have spoken to Noratel, looking for an estimated 25-100 units with above spec's. I will wait for feedback.

I am also considering looking into some R-Core transformers from Custom Magnetics in USA. Of course, I am not sure anyone has used them, and assume they maybe pricey, but I want to ask.....

Are they in the USA? Shipping, duties+taxes may be expensive if they aren't.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
trannies.

labjr said:

Are they in the USA? Shipping, duties+taxes may be expensive if they aren't.

afiak, they are not.
I would encourage others to look at other potential providers for a group buy. I still find Antek trannies to work acceptably for these amplifiers, and a good value, but wouldn't mind looking for higher quality units to A/B test with.

I am looking into two other providers in the USA.
It looks like all of them will be 'custom' values.

labjr said:

Hi labjr/cviller

the flat side of q5 is orientated the right way only the letters underneath are in the wrong order, the collector is toughing the signalpath, not the emitter. this is assuming you are still designing the board for bc's instead of ztx transistors and this is the most resent layout.

cheers,

c.

culture said:

Hi labjr/cviller

the flat side of q5 is orientated the right way only the letters underneath are in the wrong order, the collector is toughing the signalpath, not the emitter. this is assuming you are still designing the board for bc's instead of ztx transistors and this is the most resent layout.

cheers,

c.

Thanks for pointing out this problem. The connections in my pcb program are all strictly linked to the netlist, so all connections should be correct. On the silkscreen however you can write anything you want, and unfortunately I have forgotten to flip the letters when I did a bit of cleanup. :bawling:

Before: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1686196&stamp=1229368919
After: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1687317&stamp=1229460437

I might just strike out the letters under Q5 before I ship the boards.

And to elecres, I have sent you the request. And I'll update the Wiki soon. Is your caps lock button stuck? :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.