Gamut D200 clone !!!

Luke said:
Hi Analog guy,

I dont understand your posts. Are the pics a clone or the real deal?

seeya

I'm afraid I don't understand either. Is the amplifier shown in the pictures posted in posts 5 through 17 the real Gamut (I'm assuming) or the clone? Is the smaller drive board posted 18 the clone PCB that you purchased to build a clone amp? Or am I confused?

Thanks Mike.

Sorry, I'm wrong

In post#4, I told about PWM but It's only super quasi complementaty amplifier.

Gamut used power module mosfet with PWM technology.

I'll contact Mr.Koran to explain this schematic for me but I afraid of publication method on web (Patent Pending), I'm only studying GAMUT operating and used for home entertainment only.

Regard
analog guy

Interesting thread so far.

Any of you guys know a source for spice models for the BUZ900X4S & BUZ905X4S?

Also noticed that data-sheets are preliminary, but given the fact that these Mosfets are already used in commercial amplifiers I assume more detailed data-sheets are available?

Thanks in advance.

My new miner change

I paid for new GAMUT's Cloned PCB from Mr.Koran again for 250USD :dead: , It'll arrive to me on 2-3 days after now
It's included power IGBT ?!? not single phase power mosfet ?!?

Now I used Mission 782SE SPK but I think Mission is very small for new amplifier, any suggestion about new SPK ?

Thanks
analog guy

Attachments

• gamut d200 mkiii-cloned-2.jpg
    gamut d200 mkiii-cloned-2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,245
Mr. Pass,

i recall you mentioning you tried similar high power mosfet packages from American manufacturers on some of your SE designs.
Also that matching of the 4 mosfets in the device is less stringent than suggested by you for an Aleph output stage.

Your last post on the Magnatecs suggests encore that they are a convenient way of spending a lot more money, without an additional bonus ?

Answer is...
1. Balanced/RCA Input
2. Opamp diff for voltage gain
3. Phase splitter separated each phase
3.1 Phase splitter (+)
3.1.1 Amplifier with mini current amplifier to drive single mosfet as a speaker (single mosfet = 8 ohms speaker)
3.2 Phase splitter (-)
3.2.1 Amplifier with mini current amplifier to drive single mosfet as a speaker (single mosfet = 8 ohms speaker)
4. Combine (+) and (-) output from each power mosfet together as AlephX and Ayre V5X output concept (Bridge Amp)
5.Listen to it !!! (Now I called it Gamut D200X)

I received email from Mr.Koran but he don't send me a schematic. OK, I see it's a secret !!!
Do you believe me ? he he he :devilr:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
i recall you mentioning you tried similar high power mosfet packages from American manufacturers on some of your SE designs.
Also that matching of the 4 mosfets in the device is less stringent than suggested by you for an Aleph output stage.

I have some of the IR equivalents, but unfortunately these
modules being made for switching, the manufacturers are under
no constraint to match the 4 internal parts.

Mostly likely they are from the same lot code, but this does not
ensure Vgs matching and makes it more risky to use them in
linear circuits, where one device can hog the dissipation.

Given that, it's much cheaper and more reliable to match four
devices and give each it's own Source resistance.

Yeah !!! I received schematic !!!

Mr.Koran had sent me a schematic for Gamut D200 MKIII, But he doesn't share me a power supply schematic.

Notice : Its operation in my posted #36
Thanks for many question from email :dead:

ANALOG GUY

Attachments

• gamut d200 mkiii sch.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,626