FuzzMeasure for OS X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'll drink to that ! (As it is holiday in Sweden tomorrow, it is actually what I have been doing:drink:

Joke aside, iy works very well but i regret i didn't get a 96/24 both direction device. The UA-25 only does it in one direction - playback. But 48Khz/24 bit is quite OK !

/j

CrisTUFR said:
Currently, most enclosure design software packages are no smarter than an Excel spreadsheet (like unibox, which works fine on Excel for the Mac), and I don't simply want to clone that.

It does? Any hints on getting Unibox to work?

I've had no luck getting the latest Unibox 4.07 (or any previous version) to work on any of my Macs (a TiBook 500mHz, an iMac G5 1.6gHz, and a Mac mini 1.42gHz, all with 1GB RAM and running Panther 10.3.9 until sometime next week.) The version of Excel I'm using is 2004 v. 11.1.1.

I've been using the rather less full featured but still useful box calculator at http://graph.flexunits.com:8080/index.htm on Firefox because it doesn't graph in Safari.

Any hints from you, David, or any of the other Macphillic speaker builders out there?

Also, Chris, check your Gmail box.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Originally posted by BAM
If so, I could get a Mac Mini and make it my audio computer, performing the functions of loudspeaker measurement and enclosure design.

Be warned. It could quickly take over ALL your computing needs, and the Windows box could be relagated to door-stop duty.

Addendum: Here's an idea, you should offer 3D graphing of the impulse and frequency response of a driver.

Waterfalls (with both time & periods on the z axis) have been in Chris' to do list for some time. Most people implement it in time, which once you have seen one in periods you have to ask why?

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Originally posted by CrisTUFR
If I were to build such a package, it would surely have to change the way people think about box design in order to be worth pursuing. Otherwise, nobody would buy my software because unibox is free, and (mostly) gets the job done.

I have something already floating around in my head that would achieve this... i've discussed it a tiny bit with Chris, but his plans for FM will keep him busy for sometime.

Originally posted by pinkmouse
Well, if you could do a deal with MJK, and implement his formuli in a user friendly Mac front end... :)

Martin isn't ready to licence his SW for embedding in a software program, but since his engine is without a doubt one of the very best out there, it would be the one to use for a really serious program.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Originally posted by Pallas
I've had no luck getting the latest Unibox 4.07 (or any previous version) to work on any of my Macs (a TiBook 500mHz, an iMac G5 1.6gHz, and a Mac mini 1.42gHz, all with 1GB RAM and running Panther 10.3.9 until sometime next week.) The version of Excel I'm using is 2004 v. 11.1.1.

Be careful upgrading to Tiger... as soon as i finish dealing with a few things, i'm headed back to Panther. To many important pieces of software are breaking (i'm dead in the water without PhotoShop and it can't open a file any more)

Did someone post a URL for uniBox... i'll download it and see what's up. I use MacSpeakerz that i bought a 100 years ago for modeling sealed & BR boxes, but it is not going to anything a good spreadsheet can't (or even a poor one -- Excel certainly is only mediocre SW)

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Pallas said:
Unibox can be downloaded here: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/kou/ubdwnld.html

As for MacSpeakerz, I don't think I have Classic installed on any machine here.

Thanx.

Besides MacSpeakerz i still use VisualPage (for web pages -- i've not found anything better), & occasionally Alias Sketch under Classic.

Be nice if Trapeze ran under Classic -- then i could turf the 100 MHz '040 machine.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.