Funny real names

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, not you.
Shiva is a major Hindu deity and lingam is Brahman holyspeek for dick.
This pecker is heavily worshipped as the male principle, king size stalagmites
have a good chance to attract lots of pilgrims.
Using that as a name is quite a claim.

This is Western misappropriation or creating their own meaning of the word. It simply served as an object to pray to Shiva in old times, it can be replaced with a picture or a statue. In poorer villages it would be easier to acquire rounded stones to serve as objects to worship Shiva.

Taking first, middle or last names of gods or their other forms is quite common.

Last edited:
Well if we're using restaurant names, I saw a place in Maine, which is famously the home of L. L. Beane, a Mexican restaurant called El! El! Frijoles! I couldn't stop giggling.
Yeah, why not? That reminds me, there is Whynot Service Station close to where I used to live. I was initially thinking of people's names but didn't specify as such. There are lots of funny place names too.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Don't forget Don't Do What Donny Don't Does.
The 10 Do's and 500 Don'ts of Knife Safety | Simpsons Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
Season 5 Episode "Boy Scoutz 'N' The Hood"

Terrible terrible program and a terrible influence on kids. The selfish way that homer simpson treats other people is just hideous.

Then again I did watch it for 10 years. If this is the way the average american treats their friends and family then I never want to go there.

Last edited:
Speaking of place names.
There is a place here in Norway, just north of Trondheim that has the name "Hell". I guess the translation of the meaning would be "nearly ending". Dagen er på hell = The day is coming to an end.
Or it might be a derivative from our word for large flat stone, "Helle". I do not know.

Edit:
Or it might be from "Hel" in Norse mythology, sort of goddess of the underworld or something (the horrible place people went when they where NOT killed in battle). And also we have the word "hel" that translates to "whole".

Last edited:
The 10 Do's and 500 Don'ts of Knife Safety | Simpsons Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Terrible terrible program and a terrible influence on kids. The selfish way that homer simpson treats other people is just hideous.

Then again I did watch it for 10 years. If this is the way the average american treats their friends and family then I never want to go there.

George Bush said " "We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons." he, too, seemed to entirely miss the point

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
George Bush said " "We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons." he, too, seemed to entirely miss the point

The Simpsons isn't satire. It never was.

Not when you consider the fact that its had such an incredible influence on pop culture and that there are so many kids and adults out there watching it there is a significant proportion of those people watching which do not consider it to be satire.

At first I thought it to be satire but over the years of watching it I no longer think so. I think it is the big american dick waving proudly in the breeze and it is a disgusting television show that should be pulled off the air.

There should be a warning at the beginning of each simpsons episode, to state that this tv show is satire. But there isn't. So most people who watch it do not consider it to be satire and instead think that homer simpson really is a jerk and that is how americans behave.

But the fact is, the Simpsons proudly proclaim that Homer Simpson is indeed a jerk, they are proud of the fact that their jerkiness and butt hole-ness is an incredibly revered quality of the television show and they associate that with being american, even had one episode where Homer Simpson had the american flag waving in the background as he proclaimed his jerkiness to the world.

The thing which doesn't make The Simpsons satire is the fact that there is no obvious indicator that these animated people on the screen are making fun of pretty much everything and every single political or social situation.

The tv show South Park is obviously satire, because its so crewdly drawn. But The Simpsons isn't satire, it is a well drawn cartoon show which shows a very realistic interpretation of people going about their everyday ways in a very sadistic and jerky way.

When you take that fact into account that the animation of The Simpsons is such high quality, the television show is not satire and most people do not consider it to be so, including myself.

I used to laugh quite a lot at the show and I've seen every single episode of it, but now I think its nothing more than a cheap crude attempt at brainwashing and that the show is doing far greater damage to the american image than it improves upon.

People with depression too also don't consider it to be satire. When you have depression you don't like watching a jerk going about treating people like ****. Instead when you have depression you like and prefer animated shows like most kids cartoons.

And holy hell do The Simpsons love guns!

And you wouldn't believe just how many people inside and outside of america with depression brought on by economic situations and war and political turmoil. When you take that into account it brings a whole new light on what The Simpsons is doing to the image of American society.

People outside of America also don't get most of the references towards celebrities or political parties/people. Sure everyone got the George Bush Senior episode, but who the hell is Lee Majors? Or most Baseball stars?

The fact is outside of America it is virtually impossible to watch Nascar or Baseball. Its just not broadcasted outside of the US. And because of Geocentric copyright protection that situation has gotten far worse.

The world doesn't revolve around the US, in Australia for example we have great pride in Kath and Kim. Kath & Kim (TV Series 2002–2007) - IMDb

The show is just sad. Both The Simpsons and Kath and Kim.

Last edited:
Siemens as an international enterprise has many offices around the world. During my time in telecommunications I moved from office to office but why then would the estate director think to open one in Staines UK

I was fortunate to have a contact in the office called Melvin Wood, who would answer the phone…

Melvin Wood Siemen Staines

It never got old…. Timeless

I have also worked with:

Bettina Mønster

Fanny Sidebottom which is a Perineum joke in the UK (she liked to pronounce it “side bothum”)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Our email server at work still (for some reason) has copies of the 8 letter names that used to be the norm back in the 90's. The was a guy named S. Wellington (won't use his full name) but the email address was "swelling@....". Everyone thought that was a hoot.

There's another guy at work with a Spanish (I think) last name "Ruella" and his first name starts with a C so the old email server address is "cruella@...". Think 101 Dalmatians.

I agree with your previous admission pal, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.