Funny ^6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if that's the case , folks are either desperate , or ungrateful , or too materialistic , or all of these un pocco ........ or none of the above

:devily:

yukyukyank - last year didn't bring 'nuff from FW ? :clown:

in fact - it's always like that ....... each new one is inducing sooo much noise , but maybe just 5% of intended builds were really finished ......

I like desperate. Tend to be ungrateful.:headbash: Ill use any material to have fun:D

I also like SLCF, just thinkning about it in other situ's.

Donut is great for big DoDo like me. So much to learn from it. Gonna stare at that servo some. I think you intentionally made it complicated:clown:

Gonna meet 6L6 this weekend. Good times.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
servo can't be simpler that it is

ok - resistor in it's tail , instead of CCS , but that's it

ya wanna some optocoupler based thingie , or OP based one ?

:devilr:

number of sensing and ref. resistors can't be smaller , everything else will just add , comparing to 2+2 small bjts

however - print F1 on one paper , CCS Donut on other one

observe

there are just tiny differences ......... small buffer on input ....... added cascode on small buffer ......... instead of resistor in buffer source put CCS .........

then put servo which will take care of Ub/2 at output , instead of simple trimpot , which is in F1

simple , in fact

even upper CCS-es are literally redrawn from F1 (say tnx to Widlar , not Pa or ZM)

btw. buffer operation is exactly the same as in ACA

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
be aware that you have two LTPs

one is servo .......... other one is amp core , itself

one of LTP virtues is that he's ( like OP , later historically) doing everything he could , to maintain same potential on both inputs

dumb we Dodos - why we are contemplating about Donuts - here ?

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
speaking of your thread , nice thing will be to have exact sch of Funny ^6 attached , for reference , attached here :rofl:

I have impression that even F6 original thread residents can be confused , easily .......

:devily:

what's your time locally , just for my future reference - to know when I read your posts - are you just usually wakoo , or both wakoo and sleepy ?

:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I hope you're referring that browser/board functions are scratching on Apple stuff , not amplifier itself :clown:

(I'm not late , now .... it's 11.00 at my place )

so - here it is , for reference , Funny Buzzzzzz's ^6 :

327016d1359469841-f6-amplifier-f6-simp.gif

listen first , numbers later
OK. You convniced me. Actually, I have setup tweaked now, so measurement only takes a second or two.

Side note. Do you think it is wiser to lower rails to 22V and raise bias to 1.5A or keep them at current 26V and 1.25A. In the end, Bias will be higher, but got to get some sinks ordered that will take the heat. My current layout would benefit from taller than cuurent, 6" sinks. I was thinking 8-10" single sided monoblocks. should i go this route or spread them out horizontally like Pass amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.