Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to their use in a DC setting, such as rail voltage.

OK - how long does it take electrons to move through such a fuse? Lets assume the fuse is 20mm long, and the fuse wire is 0.1 square mm. Suppose it takes a quiescent DC current to the power amp of 0.1A.

The drift velocity of the electrons is 0.07mm/sec for this fuse. So it takes electrons coming in at one end of the fuse 30 seconds to get to the other end.

The current then flows into the wires connecting the fuse to the power supply and to the amp. Those wires are much beefier than the wire in the fuse - say 2 square mm. In those wires the electron drift velocity at 0.1A DC drops to 0.0037mm/s. Suppose the total length of the wires is 30cm. So electrons entering the wire will take 22.5 hours to get to the other end. Plus 30 minutes to get through the fuse for a total of 23 hours.

Next question?

OK - how long does it take electrons to move through such a fuse? Lets assume the fuse is 20mm long, and the fuse wire is 0.1 square mm. Suppose it takes a quiescent DC current to the power amp of 0.1A.

The drift velocity of the electrons is 0.07mm/sec for this fuse. So it takes electrons coming in at one end of the fuse 30 seconds to get to the other end.

The current then flows into the wires connecting the fuse to the power supply and to the amp. Those wires are much beefier than the wire in the fuse - say 2 square mm. In those wires the electron drift velocity at 0.1A DC drops to 0.0037mm/s. Suppose the total length of the wires is 30cm. So electrons entering the wire will take 22.5 hours to get to the other end. Plus 30 minutes to get through the fuse for a total of 23 hours.

Next question?

I don't think electricity works like that. Electrons don't flow through a wire like water through a hosepipe.

I do know that loudspeakers are devices inserted into a circuit to protect fuses in the event of a fault, though.

Reactions: 2 users
Next question?
What is the imaging size of micrometer-scale processes in audio?

A few cubic meters.
And then also "processual": The ear first of all detects differences, which are then combined.

We are talking about acoustic phenomena, not about ideal influences of electronic components or circuits symbolized by means of e.g. black lines on a white background in textbooks - on 2D;-)

Colors in sound are experienced during the time of intoxication by cannabis, LSD and similar compounds.
Just sayin'

Forget cryogenically treated cables - the best upgrade is a psychedelically treated brain.

An appropriately enhanced brain extends the ears' bandwidth to DC-several MHz (younger listeners have reported hearing the signals from cellphone towers but for most of us the best we can hope for is listening to FM radio without a receiver). Soundstage can be perceived in seven or more dimensions, and one can smell the tachyons in fuses whizzing back and forth in time.

Alternatively, if it's "slam" that you're after, may I recommend a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster with a slice of lemon?

Reactions: 1 users
Forget cryogenically treated cables - the best upgrade is a psychedelically treated brain.

An appropriately enhanced brain extends the ears' bandwidth to DC-several MHz (younger listeners have reported hearing the signals from cellphone towers but for most of us the best we can hope for is listening to FM radio without a receiver). Soundstage can be perceived in seven or more dimensions, and one can smell the tachyons in fuses whizzing back and forth in time.

Alternatively, if it's "slam" that you're after, may I recommend a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster with a slice of lemon?
They do not "hear"-)
Nerves are "electric cables" on which the signals are modulated, which is described as "tinnitus". With a little bad luck this "tinnitus" can be felt in the whole body, which drives many people to suicide. Oh, by the way: Mobile radio is THE key technology of the NWO. Mobile radio serves not only the control and steering of the people, but also the sanctioning, up to the killing. Since even sufficiently uneducated people will soon be considered "useless people", I would start in your place to educate myself, to inform myself and also to get on my feet;-)

Surely that means the most simple HiFi, with the least amplification stages, and least interconnects between components would be best. Perhaps all power supplies in one box, and phono stage/DAC, pre-amp and power amp in another. But then you look at the complexity of AV amps, with 100s of components and soldered connections in the signal path, they should sound terrible.
I wonder if the "distortion" rises exponentially with every added amplification stage.

Having everything in one box means no "problems" with ground loops between differing "boxes" mains supplies, it also removes other "problems" with interconnects.

AV processors are mainly several PCB boards with a good shielded power supply. They also usually have lots of sound/signal processing to alter the sound to overcome any "flaws" due to the inherent design, let alone the need for the Dolby standards they adhere to.

The downside to "one box" solutions is bad shielding at design stage, & that the whole thing usually becomes inoperable if a component fails...& you have to be "all in" on that one box hi-fi...

I have a Denon F109 system = DRA-F109DAB (amp/DAC/Radio), DNP-F109 (network player), DCD-F109 (CD player).....three separate boxes which could be better in a one box solution which would remove two displays, two power supplies/convertors, two interconnects....

& guess what?...their sister company recently made this!!...Marantz M-CR612..

How different MosFets sound, too. I put one in a power supply that is connected to both channels: some sound narrower, others wider, some very deep, others flat, some more contoured, others more nervous, some scratchy, others "fissel", some smaller, others bigger, some have smaller voices, others have leaner basses... if we would develop amplifiers all would be great, identical peek-measure, so great sine wave and about the same distortion values, but sonically they would be sooo far apart...-)
Among the 50 tested is a high-flyer, are 5 very good, with different characters, and the rest is comparatively not hifi-suitable, and certainly not highend-suitable;-)
Cheers to the innards of your devices;-)

"Against the blue sky of the western world, the stars symbolise the peoples of Europe in the form of a circle, a sign of union. Their number is invariably twelve, the figure twelve being the symbol of perfection and entirety."
Council of Europe, Paris 7-9 December 1955

Sorry, everything doesn't revolve around Judaism...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

data3.png

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.