Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been browsing the net and came across a great snake oil product , The Immortality Ring .
Been available for 20 plus years apparently , i haven't posted a link because some of the subjects discussed in various interviews with the creator may be against forum rules .
If anyone feels like a bit of relief from the ongoing subject here seach Alex Chiu Immortality Products , he also sells a regeneration tool and the 'Gorgeous Pill' that negates the need for plastic surgery,
entertaining for sure especially when he admits doing time for refusing to refund customers who called his products rubbish and fake stating that he found this deeply offensive.

If overturning several first principles doesn't lead to new areas of research what does. I keep asking please understand how extraordinary the claims are.
Hi Scott.
I have experience of the BQP's and they do modify subjective noise properties of systems as advertised (they also do not need to be 'in circuit', proximity works too)
I also have extensive experience of my 'mixture' and it also does all of what Bybee claims subjectively.
We are dealing with a proximity effect where putting the 'mixture' in contact with or proximity to conductors (cables), inside equipment or external to equipment changes the properties of the systems.
The effect is relatively subtle, but once heard/noted cannot be 'unheard', and systems that are not treated indeed sound scattered/noisy/unstable.

There are a whole bunch of observations that may give clues as to what is going on.
One observation is that the effect is not fully immediate, and on very large systems the effect can take tens of seconds to 'kick in', and after that there is a gradual change (minutes) to maximal effect and there is also a signal peak transient amplitude dependence.
When the mixture is removed the effect decays quickly but not immediately.
When the 'mixture' is applied around a stereo cable (signal or speaker) the centre image becomes more precise and with the excess noise of the two channels in 'unison' and thereby subjectively diminishing.
When applied to power supply cable (AC and/or DC) the same 'quieting/stabilising' occurs.
When applied to AM/FM antennas the same 'quieting/stabilising' occurs.
When applied to speaker magnets the same 'quieting/stabilising' occurs.
There are many, many other applications where this same 'quieting/stabilising' occurs.

I don't have any proper idea more than you of how this occurs, but the observations are solid, and many have passed BT testing with 100% scoring.

One common factor of the above applications is that the 'mixture' is exposed to/intercepts time varying electric and magnetic fields and may constitute a 'load' resistive and/or reactive to these fields.
This 'loading' may have time, amplitude and spectral characteristics, and not necessarily at the signal frequencies of interest.

Another clue...I listened to pink noise (which has never sounded 'right' to me) through a typical system and it sounded as per typical.
When applying BQP or my mixture around the speaker cable, the nature of the pink noise changed noticeably.
Typical pink noise sounds 'bursty' with tailings of excess noise that does not belong immediately after LF transients....the envelope sounds like it has gone through an expander.
With filtering applied this decaying excess noise is removed, and pink noise sounds 'matter of fact' and as it should, with even/stable sounding amplitude characteristic.
Maximum effect of my mixture occurs at transduction points....connections, transformers and speaker magnets.

Some subjective results of the 'effect' is that transient sounds are 'sharper', bass sounds go deeper with a greater sense of 'power', mid/highs are more extended and cleaner/clearer (cymbals and snares sound like the real thing instead of burst of white noise), depth and LR imaging are much more precise and extended, vocals and voice sound natural.

It seems that signal excites a decaying 'chaotic' behavior in typical systems which manifests as an IMD sounding distortion, and BQP and my filters essentially eliminate this distortion enabling clearer audio reproduction.
This clearer reproduction also has secondary effects on the hearing....ones ears relax and 'open up' further facilitating detail retrieval and greater musical enjoyment.

The above observations are related to audio systems, there are similar observations of optical and mechanical systems.
Nobel prize or not, there are interesting and useful interactions 'at a distance', maybe the roots are buried in established QM equations, maybe not....

Dan.

this taiwanese HiFi-shops seem to be very entertaining:p

Not many of those around anymore. Most are into just selling buy or get out. No enthusiasm about music at all. The ones I visit are those that really spend time listening to music. Sometimes I ask them to nitpick problems with my designs. I try to understand what they are hearing when they do such, then try to figure out what might be causing the problem.

The above observations are related to audio systems, there are similar observations of optical and mechanical systems.
Nobel prize or not, there are interesting and useful interactions 'at a distance', maybe the roots are buried in established QM equations, maybe not....

Dan.

I guess we'll have to keep waiting until the villagers get to experience the results.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
What a response! Someone says something 'reasonable' like keeping an open mind about things you have never seen or tried, and 'all criticism' breaks loose. My motto is: 'Condemnation without examination is prejudice' and I hold the rest of you to it.

Tedious. Seems you simply haven't read or haven't understood the comments and critique that have been posted.

I know engineers might buy stuff based on data, always assumed they did it via listening. As a matter of fact. One store in Taiwan offered a customer two pairs of cables to bring home and listen or test, one was mine, and another was a product twice the price. The customer returned the one twice the price. This particular customer was looking for cables because the ones he had were 10 times the price of mine, and the sound was getting on his nerves. He called me up and asked whether my design would work on all systems, my answer was no, and explained why. I have had one return which the customer said it sounded too fatiguing in his system.

And I thought you were just a DIYer, but your one of the snake oil salesman. Your opinions (which is all you give, no facts ) mean less than nothing. You may not even believe the BS you spout to sell your shiet. Take your snake oil some where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.