Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, I understand your input, but these other guys will never experience this sort of change in sound quality, because they are suspicious of any change outside their learned opinions. Jack Bybee is often sharing the same sort of 'test', including changing the sound right in front of us, by merely moving something (quantum) around, or changing our reaction time, or even the taste of Cognac with a simple, non-contact procedure. But this sort of thing, often accepted in 'New Age Medicine' will be overtly rejected here, out of hand, without counter-proof, but just derision. It's kind of sad.

But this sort of thing, often accepted in 'New Age Medicine' will be overtly rejected here, out of hand, without counter-proof, but just derision. It's kind of sad.

I assume he can bend spoons too or cure by laying on of hands. Sorry proof precedes counter-proof and I have not seen any. John why have you given up advancing circuit design and insist on giving credence to this nonsense?

Well, I guess I am in the wrong business. The last time I saw Jack Bybee, is when I bought him and one of his associates, lunch. I still design circuits for two or more companies. My lab does not use Bybee devices for anything, just normal test equipment. I am now waiting for a new hi end amp prototype to come in for final appraisal. Sorry guys, my active work is still in circuit design. That is how I make my living.

Funny how random goop always makes thing better.
Damn, there's another one! You guys are on fire.

Random Goop.jpg

When the Indians first saw guns, they were magical devices...

No they weren't, they were guns. The technology behind guns is not only well understood, but it's TESTABLE. You can load a gun and fire it and it will not do anything beyond what chemistry and physics says it will do. And it didn't take an act of faith for the indians to learn how they actually work.

It's not like the Europeans had just shown them a block of wood filled with dirt and said "This 'gun' will spout fire and kill your enemies from a long distance away. I know it will because I saw it once. I swear I did. I can't show you though, because your eyes aren't properly trained to see it. You just have to accept what I'm telling you, and pay me the 1000 times my cost that I'm asking for it.".

When the Indians first saw guns, they were magical devices...

Is that what you think is going on here? When native people "saw" guns they made a big noise and people died. They did not know how to explain what they were seeing.

In this case nothing is happening, but some folks keep saying something is happening, which others cannit perceive, and those making the claims are offering a bunch of unscientific, magical explanations. Who are the "Indians" in your analogy?

Well, I guess I am in the wrong business. The last time I saw Jack Bybee, is when I bought him and one of his associates, lunch. I still design circuits for two or more companies. My lab does not use Bybee devices for anything, just normal test equipment. I am now waiting for a new hi end amp prototype to come in for final appraisal. Sorry guys, my active work is still in circuit design. That is how I make my living.

And meantime you are partnering with Mr. J. Bybee, endorsing his products for free and for the greater good of the audiophile humanity, of course.

This is too much, can you stop being so funny in your ignorance of test protocols...
The two identical headphones were placed randomly on a coffee table and the subject invited to select either and test.
Two subjects required ABAB, one subject ABA to indicate preference, and all three subjects strongly preferred the treated pair.
The test was double blind in the respect that neither I nor the subjects knew which headphone was which until after the experiment was completed.
Good enough protocol for you eh Bill ?.

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.