Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that the semiconductor folks doing all the work on metal layers would have found this directionality stuff before.

I've worked in the RF field for over 30 years. We deal with cables that are hundreds of feet long. If directionality had an effect it surely would have been noticed long ago, and yet I've never once seen any mention of it or heard any recommendation or specification to run cables in any particular direction. There are some very expensive pieces of equipment designed for testing RF cables, and none of them checks to see if you've got the thing the "right" way around.

"Quantum Tunneling: Post Production process, 1 million volts are passed through finished cable providing a "canal" that allows electrons to pass more freely through conductor material and connections."
(HD Ground - Synergistic Research)

A supplier of mine did recommend a similar process. I tested a sample, the impedance did change but did not meet our requirements.

...has to be either
1. A time delay
2. A phase shift
3. A belief that something magical is happening.

A phase shift is difficult to make directional for an AC signal. A time delay even harder.
I don't have an explanation, just observations in two different locations, one experiment with three observers.
Another experiment I performed was to construct a CDP dac/filter/output stage in 3D direct component to component wiring.
I was able to make all connections without jumpers except for one connection between stages, about 12mm long.
I used six pairs of wires and got six pairs of sounds.
When I settled on a sound that I liked I swapped the direction of one channel jumper wire and got the same image side shift.
Swapping the direction of the other channel restored correct balance but gave another sound.

newtons-cradle-1.jpg

Do any of us really fully understand the fine details of electric energy transfer through conductors and systems ?....it's not fully like fluid through a pipe, and it's not fully like Newton's cradle either and noise is involved.
Off to go fix some stage lights, more later.

Dan.

Max Headroom said:
Do any of us really fully understand the fine details of electric energy transfer through conductors and systems ?
Depends what you mean by "fully understand". If you mean at the level of, say, Feynman then few of us understand. If you mean at the level of an ordinary competent physicist (who knows Maxwell's equations, and hence circuit theory, and the origin of Ohm's law from random scattering) then many of us understand. The problem is that you appear to reject ordinary physics; I suspect that this is not because you understand it but find it wanting, but because you have never understood it - perhaps never been properly taught it.

Depends what you mean by "fully understand". If you mean at the level of, say, Feynman then few of us understand. If you mean at the level of an ordinary competent physicist (who knows Maxwell's equations, and hence circuit theory, and the origin of Ohm's law from random scattering) then many of us understand. The problem is that you appear to reject ordinary physics; I suspect that this is not because you understand it but find it wanting, but because you have never understood it - perhaps never been properly taught it.

Fully understand means you can never learn more about it, I hate to be in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.