Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well lets just see. A physician thinks there is problems with dirty mains, so does he call the approved electrical contractor or the product manufacturer. NO he calls a hifi company... Hmm is it even approved for the purpose (litigation friendly america). Personally I would be happier with the person treating me calling a professional EE to look at the problem. But that's just me.

I am not saying power conditioning cannot work. I am saying if it does then the OE has a problem.

What acutally amuses me is Michael Lavorgna, whose work would be funny were he not peruading people to part with their money Quoting him

"
Some people dismiss power products in hi-fi out of hand. One argument I've heard suggests that it's just plain silly to stick an expensive power cable at the end of a long line of cheap power delivery. Shunyata has just offered up a press release and short video that help dispel that myth while also offering measured proof of their power products efficacy. "

The box the MD (who knows nothing about electronics) added contains
"Within the TYPHON’s TRITON-size case are two massive Noise Isolation Chambers (NIC’s). These cylindrical chambers take up the entire space within the TYPHON’s chassis and account for the majority of the TYPHON’s 43 pound weight. Each NIC contains an enormous volume of Shunyata’s patented ZrCa-2000 compound, which absorbs and dissipates high-frequency noise"

Riight. No bullsh*t there then.

I don't want that guy looking after my heart!

No congnitive dissonance involved at all. Sorry your projection failed.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
gotcha: measurements mean nothing, it's the underlying philosophy that matters ;)

Measurements mean nothing if not done properly. If he had had an EE come in and check out the cabling before and measure mains bourne noise I might have considered there to be something valid. But he didn't. He chose to phone up a hifi company and probably get a good deal on a system for his home in return for a video and probably voiding his indemnity insurance.

And if there really was a significant drop in the noise floor why were the equipment manufacturers not called in to verify?

Status
Not open for further replies.