Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the high incidence of melanoma is from the fact that most of us there were/are pasty white and only see the rather intense East Bay sun in large, albeit extremely rare, doses.

Actually, I'm radiating you at night while you are sleeping.
In the melanoma circus, it's referred to as the Nickel & Dime show.

(Speak of genetic programming and living in Oz. Nothing beats the speckled rear sight of a redhead, who spent way too many hours at Sidney/Melbourne beaches)

Special Offer : 99.95 IQ. Get one now, while the stock lasts !

Last edited:
Amstel Bright, best way to blend in without passing out halfway.

(I was referring to the ample brown/melanin spot motiv on the average Aussie back/shoulders. Under a 10mm diameter, melanoma risk can still be in the clear. Over Nickel diameter, it's hazardous zone)

Attachments

• Magical.jpg
    Magical.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
In view of the large number of extremely stupid people and the small number of the truly brilliant, this might well be the case, depends on the distribution.

Actually, no. IQ is normalized to a normal distribution with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.

This means that 50 % of the population has an IQ of less than 100 - and 50 % an IQ above 100.

Tom

Actually, no. IQ is normalized to a normal distribution with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.

This means that 50 % of the population has an IQ of less than 100 - and 50 % an IQ above 100.

Tom

Does average intelligence of people go up, or down in time ?

If your answer is yes, then for a normal distribution, an IQ of 100 would be a floating value over time. (and inherently meaningless)
If your answer is no, then IQ can not have a normal distribution.

In both cases, your quoted post above is untrue.

So, what does the averaged intelligence levels look like for the population?
A flattened bell curve, with 1/3 octave smoothing?
And does an idiot savant have all the same available brainpower as the middle of that bell curve, but instead focuses available intellect resources on just one chosen task?
I guess the opposite mind type would be a renaissance m...
Oh look!
A squirrel!!

Maybe intelligence isn't really a measured quantity, it may be more a measurable quality of creating and processing pertinent information.
If I and a Kalahari bushman were to instantly have our environments swapped, I probably would not survive unaided long.
I doubt he could grasp how to aquire capital, start a bank account, and use a cash dispensing machine , either, unaided.
In either case, the people around us would probably assume we are dumb, as our skill sets are irrelevant to our new environments.

Maybe intelligence isn't really a measured quantity, it may be more a measurable quality of creating and processing pertinent information.
If I and a Kalahari bushman were to instantly have our environments swapped, I probably would not survive unaided long.
I doubt he could grasp how to aquire capital, start a bank account, and use a cash dispensing machine , either, unaided.
In either case, the people around us would probably assume we are dumb, as our skill sets are irrelevant to our new environments.

Hit the nail square on the head right there. :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.