Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It does more than this (but you have to buy three):

"Chassis Booster (CB) is a Protonic Car Booster designed to boost the strength and stability of the chassis system in automobiles.

This device generates the PVA Field (Proton Vibration Alignment Field) so that when three of them are strategically arranged inside the car compartment, the PVA Field aligns the metals and polymer particles of the chassis system, improving the car performance and your driving experience
."
IPC - Technologies

George

Vacuphile, before judging me, try the test itself! First you have to get hold of an IPC Disc Energizer AP101...

You need a stupider audience.

IPC’s proprietary Euphoria TechnologyTM is implemented in all IPC products to generate a prescribed and stable PVA Field (Proton Vibration Alignment Field).

An atom has three major particles, namely Protons, Electrons and Neutrons. The PVA Field created by Euphoria TechnologyTM aligns the vibration and movement of protons and electrons in all matter so that their physical properties are fundamentally enhanced.

Euphoria TechnologyTM is based on quantum mechanics operating on the scale of picometers, i.e., picotechnology. Picotechnology refers to the manipulation of matter on the scale of trillionths of a meter (10-12 m), and is much more advanced than traditional nanotechnology.

Euphoria TechnologyTM was invented by IPC and has been successfully applied to products in different industries.

Yes, you need an audience stupid enough to swallow this gibberish. That limits you here to perhaps three or four people at the most.

edit: I see that they sell quack medical gadgets as well. That moves them into the category of pure evil. Anyone promoting them must have no conscience.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

The Disc Energizer upgrades the audio performance of your CD and the audio-visual performance of your DVD. The upgrade takes as little as 5 seconds, yet the effect lasts for 120 minutes

Quote is plucked from IPC's website.

Funny how this change would last for about the average length of a movie DVD.....

Not to point a finger at anyone but successfully conning the world is still conning.

Ciao, ;)

there are Nobel awards lining up for any individual who can demonstrate the ability to influence (in a controlled and predictable way) the motion of the various particles in an atom.

I wouldn't have thought of entertainment equipment as being the first application for such truly novel and scientifically world-changing capabilities.

But hey, I'm not selling fake cures to desperate people.

The parallels between the terminally ill and the terminally stupid "audiophile" are interesting though.

I'm a practical guy. I believe what my senses show me, no more, no less.
I just am not 'dogma' driven that might cause me to ignore what my senses tell me. I certainly believe in book knowledge, want to exchange some?
That's the heart of the matter - if you experience something that doesn't make sense, that doesn't fit in with what occurs normally then you can choose from a number of ways of dealing with it. Some here appear to use a great deal of energy convincing themselves that the happening was a hallucination, a 'falsehood', a glitch in one's mental equilibrium. Personally, I find it far more interesting, and far more worthwhile, trying to understand what the bigger context may be - is there something genuinely useful, meaningful in the occurrence?

Just because some choose to use way out there explanations as a means of providing an 'answer' shouldn't prevent one being curious as to whether "there is something in it". I have proceeded to explore every bit of 'strangeness' that I've directly experienced, and I have always benefited from doing so - at the end I may still not know what is really going on, but I won't ignore something just because it doesn't fit in with my comfortable set of knowledge at that moment.

Edit: the alcohol thing? Sorry, I'm staying with electronics, and audio at the moment ... :D

Last edited:
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Some here appear to use a great deal of energy convincing themselves that the happening was a hallucination, a 'falsehood', a glitch in one's mental equilibrium

Let's just hope that believing in measurements and measurements only is no more harmful than believing in any kind of belief system.

Science is not carved in stone, it evolves. Eventually.

Few scientists have the proverbial "balls" to admit they were wrong which proves they're human, shortsighted and as far as I'm concerned utterly stupid in sticking their necks out in the first place....

Ciao, ;)

but technology does move - in EE basics like Circuit Theory, Signal and Systems, Feedback are all actively taught, graduates actively sought by industry pushing performance while repeatedly "proving" the theory in practice

evolving the current A/DSL infrastructure pushing Mb over voice band twisted pair, Medical Instrumentation/Imaging, and how about the Instrumentation at Cern

the IC manufacture's sinking US$ Billions in Analog Fab - profit motivated companies buying their product eagerly

if Vodun blessings worked better then universities would offer degrees and industry would hire the graduating Mambos and Houngans and Haiti would be the Technology leader of the world

yet audio "guru's" tell us authoritatively that "conventional engineers" know nothing - the audio guru can ignore or violate the EE principles found so successful, tested in practice by so many

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.