Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the crazy setting over at Stereophile just got turned up a notch or two

Synergistic Research?s HFT and FEQ Transform Bose Wave Radio | Stereophile.com

This Richard Blade person has accused a poster named Sergio of being also myself it seems. :whacko: :D so he must be reading this forum so.......hey Richard, how about joining in and making it interesting or do you just troll on Stereophile?

Also to make it even more funny a ChrisS is accusing Sergio of being a former poster named George. He thinks that since Sergio typed the name George instead of Georgie(which is what ChrisS calls George) then that's proof that he really is George. Yeah they sort of lost me on that one too but isn't George who the former poster was anyway and it's shown all over the threads there? :smash: Crazy times folks.

Oh and Atkinson still hasn't agreed or even mentioned taking part in a blind test using Ted's devices that is being set up by another poster who invited them to partake. I guess when an actual test is going to be done that Stereophile won't be the one to do it :rolleyes: Be sure to post this link too Richard Blade, maybe my real name is Edward Snowden and it's all a conspiracy.:p

Jason Victor Serinus knows what is important in an audio system

"It’s essential not to overlook three other main contributors to the sound: the new Critical Mass Soto Voce audio rack ($7000), a complete array of Nordost Valhalla 2 audio cables ($112,500), and a complete Nordost QRT power treatment system ($10,900). Expensive? Yes. Heavenly sounding? Absolutely! "

:rofl:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ok I could not help but think of this thread when I saw WBT sells a gold plated crimping tool? Their explanation is it protects from corrosion?! :rolleyes:

WBT - 0403

I have one of those, needed it because it exactly fits their family of wire termination sleeves (which, of course, are also gold plated ;) ).
After much use I can report that the gold plating has disappeared at the jaws where the work is done.

Ohh yes, I have some of their speaker terminal posts which required multiple spline keys to tighten de little worm screws. You guessed it - the keys (and the worm screws) are also gold plated...
At least they (and I) don't claim that it helps the sound to get better :cool:

Jan

Last edited:
Their explanation is it protects from corrosion.

Guilty as charged, to my defense I'd like to add that I acquired the complete 0411 set some 25 years ago.

Compare that to e.g a Knipex 975304 (square crimp)/975314 (hexagonal crimp).
Way better and easier crimping (cantilever operation), cheaper in the long run.
Phoenix Crimpfox-M basic pliers cost about the same as the wbt 0403, add a couple of crimp inserts and it becomes cost effective (for those who crimp various stuff on occasion)

Goldplated crimp sleeves can be obtained from other manufacturers nowadays.
Not so back in the day when WBT introduced their goldylocks range (mid '80s).

Status
Not open for further replies.