Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered a good tip:

If you have the option (just did some reading up, and a lot of countries don't) of inserting a plug in such a way that your cable has to go up a bit, turn sharply to then go down to your appliance it will help loosen up the electrons going through it. This will then help your appliance perform better since it's being fed electrons who, after having had a bit of an excercise, are very eager to work.
In case of an amplifier this will probably give you a couple of extra (m)Watts...

Bangkok is a challenge.... 8 lanes worth of traffic (tuk tuks, bicycles, motorcycles, people running, cars, trucks, etc.) all trying to fit into 4 lanes at best, often petering out to 2 lanes.... giant gridlock all day long travelling at 0 or 60 kph binary

groan
The bit that got me was that irrespective of the speed each car was about 4 feet from the one in front, especially true heading down the airport road at about 80kph - an accident kilometres further down the road would have kept panel beaters happy for years. What would save you, bizarrely enough, was that all the vehicles were so close together that the actual contact speed difference would be small enough to make the collision very progressive in nature ...

OK, let's "switch gears" here..............Back a few pages some guy was concerned about some sagging cones from his NIB drivers? A few took the bait, I couldn't tell if he was joking or not..sounded a little nutty to me. Does cone sag exist? PS, I know the answer.

______________________________________________________Rick.........

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What this means is that most of the cost and inconvenience caused, time lost at work due to breakdowns etc is passed on to the people who can least afford it.
Oh man, you have to be careful with opinions like that.
When I lived on Maui abandoned cars were a big, big problem. There were so many because it cost so much to scrap them. Unlike most places where you can scrap for free or even get a few $$ - it cost about $200 at the time to scrap a car on the island.

I had suggested - in a letter to the editor - that it was the poor guy at the end of the line who had to bear the disposal costs for everyone who had owned the car before him. And he was usually the least able to afford it (thus the abandoned cars all over the island). So why not include a disposal fee in the cost of a new car? That way everyone who owned the car would share the cost, and the car could be whisked away at the end of its life, the disposal fee already paid.

I thought it was a grand idea. A lot of other people did not - I was roundly berated and criticized in the letters section! Apparently those who buy new cars feel that it's the responsibility of "the next guy" to dispose of it. The poor slob who buys your old wreck and won't pay to dispose of it is "shirking his responsibility". As they say **** flows downhill.

Oh man, you have to be careful with opinions like that.
When I lived on Maui abandoned cars were a big, big problem. There were so many because it cost so much to scrap them. Unlike most places where you can scrap for free or even get a few $$ - it cost about $200 at the time to scrap a car on the island.

I had suggested - in a letter to the editor - that it was the poor guy at the end of the line who had to bear the disposal costs for everyone who had owned the car before him. And he was usually the least able to afford it (thus the abandoned cars all over the island). So why not include a disposal fee in the cost of a new car? That way everyone who owned the car would share the cost, and the car could be whisked away at the end of its life, the disposal fee already paid.

I thought it was a grand idea. A lot of other people did not - I was roundly berated and criticized in the letters section! Apparently those who buy new cars feel that it's the responsibility of "the next guy" to dispose of it. The poor slob who buys your old wreck and won't pay to dispose of it is "shirking his responsibility". As they say **** flows downhill.

Not surprising really, these people think that because they have money, that somehow makes them the chosen ones and all else would be just like them if they deserved to be. If people are poor, it's obviously because they are lazy etc. We have a lot of that attitude in the UK too and they choose representatives who speak their language :rolleyes: Funny how quickly they change their tune when they fall on hard times though ;)

People live in an insular bubble of their own making, that's why they love their cars so much, they can take their bubble with them when they go out. In such a state, it is very easy to loose sight of what is actually necessary and important to life. Loosing everything of monetary value is sometimes the only way they see this for themselves. Some say there's none as blind as those who wont see.

Old cars are resources. Only not made so by choice or someone meddling with industry. Old cars should outlast several generations. Made obsolete by choice, or for profit by some in-necessary agency a waste of resources. Example a laq was passed in New Orleans cabs older than 7 years illegal. Pure litigeous bullcrap "safety" anyone trading freedom for saftey deserves neither. Our speakers next."Too big" unsafe may fall and hurt someone, (-:

We're going backwards now - I know that I can walk has lost credibility, I only believe I can walk, which means that it's important to do a DBT every morning, before getting out of bed, to verify that I'm capable of such actions - we better keep you lot away from pilots, just in case you're tempted to question their ability to fly - it may turn out the poor chaps are deluded in their belief in their skills, and summarily drive the plane headfirst into the ground ...

Dont joke. Its happened. Why do you think they have a co-pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.