Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

P10 mFonken build w/ FE127eN

Here is a cell pic of my almost completed mFonken flatpac build from Planet 10...I've finished the one speaker with cabot natural stain followed by several coats of polyurethane....they sound great and have inspired me to learn woodworking skills. The other cab simply needs the finish and the driver which I'll compete over the next couple days

Attachments

• 0515111252a.jpg
    0515111252a.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 2,190
i dont know how i got this done(had no plans of building speakers in the near future).
Anyway ive build this in 2 days from the moment that i decided to build some speakers.
There are based on the frugel horns...
The fron port was supposed to be coverd but i do enjoy the sound without that piece in place. Covering the front port makes the horn go lower.....but i still like them without that piece.

The drivers are from a Tesla Pick up(closed box)
Can anyone help me with the finish?(a how to guide)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DSCF1568.jpg

Tang Band w8-1808
The open baffle is 5' tall made of 1/2" baltic 8 ply birch (2 hinges).
The panels are 12" wide center, 15" wide left, and 19" wide right.
Driver center is 37" off the floor (middle of tv).
Foam box around back side of the driver.
I also run a 12" woofer with an 80hz f-mod (rolls 6db/octave).
Without the woofer module, I consider it unlistenable (rolls at 200hz).

Norman

Yes I still have them and I enjoy them often.
https://picasaweb.google.com/felixanex
If you want 6c33 in single ended,my advice is to try Romy Melquiades SET for best compromise design.
Romy the Cat's Melquiades SET amplifier

I was looking at Melquides but i havent seen anyone actually building a clone of that amp. Right now i have my eyes on borbelys version. I still have some reservation about that schematic(complex....SRPP...hard to get triodes).
If i will have enought money in the near future i might try them both on a breedboard.

Congrats for the monoblocks. I wish i could build something like that :).