Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Voxativ ac 1.6 in a QWTL. I used Leonard Audio's software to model the box.
I still have to sand and paint, but quite happy with the result so far.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 2,098
  • image2Crop.jpg
    image2Crop.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 2,070
my last diy project, a small desktop speaker, Tangband W3-2141 in a 3,5L Bassreflex cabinet

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

some pics from the construction:

Sascha :trapper:

Voxativ ac 1.6 in a QWTL. I used Leonard Audio's software to model the box.
I still have to sand and paint, but quite happy with the result so far.

Have you got any ability to measure those? I've heard voxaxitv drivers a few time but they were the top end ones. I did very much enjoy them but can't really justify the cost. These are more affordable so would be good to see if they compare.

FX200,

Cute looking boxes you have there... the plywood end grain looks very nice and the white finish is well done. What did you use for the finish?

How do the speakers sound? What amp are you using?

White Color and Primer in spraycans from DIY Market.

Sanding with 240 Grit Sandpaper than go on with spray Primer ... let dry and repeat this two times with primer and two times with white color.

Then last times white, after dry go on sanding with 400, 800 and 1200 and 2000 Grit Sandpaper. After this I polish it with car polish from 3M and a car polish machine. :rolleyes:

How it sounds ... really good dry bass, it's impressed me. overall with a look at the 45€ per driver a very good result.

Here some Q&D measurement in my living room:

AMP -> NAD 760

It should be easy to move the 50Hz peak to a lower frequency by extending the port.
By the way, impressiv result!

hi micha,

yes there is a lot of potential ... at the moment i try some different length of ports and some different stuffing damping materials. the search is not over yet :D

By the way, impressiv result!

Thank you :wave:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Out latest design, the nScan-Ken, a miniOnken for the ScanSpeak 10F. This thing is tiny and only hits maybe 120-140 Hz (with a wind at its back). But they do sound very good, and produce enuff bass to trick you in many circumstances. For someone who needs something really small and isn't put off by the high cost of the 10F…

SS-10F-nScan-Ken.jpg

We will publish the design, for now you can email me.

dave

Out latest design, the nScan-Ken, a miniOnken for the ScanSpeak 10F. This thing is tiny and only hits maybe 120-140 Hz (with a wind at its back). But they do sound very good, and produce enuff bass to trick you in many circumstances. For someone who needs something really small and isn't put off by the high cost of the 10F…

SS-10F-nScan-Ken.jpg

We will publish the design, for now you can email me.

dave

Very interesting,

What are the overall dimensions ? Do they fit for near field (like desk speakers)

Ciao,

Davide