full range pics-

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Sonido SFR200-8

planet10 said:
That is a pretty driver... surround is treated cloth? Be nice if they had made it concave.

How does it sound?

dave

surround is most easily rotten type ........;) not cloth........

anyway -warranty is 3 yrs and Hungary is near enough at least to me .

I always hated that spongy type,but I must admit that in last several years I can see even durable surrounds ,much better quality than,say, one used sometimes on dynaudio drivers.

this -Sonido- surround look pretty durable and solid,at least to my 4 eyes

(btw- seeing spongy spider in Lowther several yrs ago was total shock to me ......same as almost non-existent finish on baskets.......even on basket-top magnet plate mutual plane .......)

regarding Sonidos- I heard them (in fact just one) totally open backed,without any baffle ,fresh from the box ; there is no need for any helper tweet , speed is effortless , and mid-high blend is just wow......

both cone and whizzer are made of most wooden-looking paper I ever saw . not thick,but very stiff

did I mention Cu ring in right place of choke (pole piece) ?

:devilr:

ps . these Iskras are just as they are stolen from Lampizator's site .......... hehe

more to come in few days..........meaning on pics of dirty drivers

seems that I''ll make at least 3,mebbe even 4, pairs of boxes for SFR200......at least one original Aion (sorta inverted hedlund) , and at least one Mau 12

but - that is job for next few months

p.p.s. pair of C45s is on the way to Mr. Varga.......for repair

RFT-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

?

Attachments

• trippy[1].gif
    trippy[1].gif
    69.2 KB · Views: 891
rca-

zenith