Full Range EQ

It's great that NAD had turnover frequency options. I think that a few other brands did as well. Yamaha had the loudness control that really impressed me by reducing the mid frequencies as you turned the loudness dial instead of pumping in more bass/treble.

Yea, i think that you are on to something here.

Wether i am using all digital DSP processing as in high end car audio builds, or all analog EQ in home audio, or all digital DSP EQ adjustments as in home cinema setup:

Less is always more. Always!

Less BS is simply always purely, scientifically, and clearly less BS in your system.

Get everything tuned. The room, the crossovers, the placements. The enclosures.

And then, only then: Lightly EQ. Always aim to subtract, try always to avoid boost.

Because boost will always strain the chain.

Reactions: 1 user
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
$150 amp, $10k speakers. I know the amps good. Lots of really decent FR drivers for MUCH less, particuarily if you diy the boxes.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 17.12.31.png

dave

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
$150 amp, $10k speakers. I know the amps good. Lots of really decent FR drivers for MUCH less, particuarily if you diy the boxes.

View attachment 1175685

dave
Dave-

$150 amp in parts... + 20 hours to build/test + at least $40K in Nelson's time.

People underestimate the cost of IP (intellectual property) and labor.

What are those tweeters to the left of the amp in the background? Next to the XA25 huh? JVC you said? HSW1101-01A Leaf Ribbon?

1684543017794.png

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It would help if we knew the vertical scale.

:snail:
Hallo Mr. Nelson, i was half joking. Behringer ultracurve is pretty decent in being transparent. It does eq without adding much signature of its own. Unlike 31 band analog behringer.

For me, who constantly changes preamps, amps, speakers or other components, having an adoptable eq is essential. Ultracurve can quickly sweep and save the settings. So essentially, i am happy with it.

I have a pair of Liisong F15s. Even after extensive break-in, they still sound a little thin and require a high crossover point with my sub. Quite happy when this popped up...might be just the ticket!
A series 5 watt resistor between your voltage source amp and speakers might get you a long way too (start with a pot, find the ideal damping/critical damping/your own fave. And then you can fine tune them with the EQ.