• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:TDA1541 OS DAC KITs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm sorry, but i've already ordered and payed for my custom transformer.. :(

can you provide more details? could be useful for other buyers oh this DAC, or for other DAC's.. :)

how about this R-CORE transformer ^_^

Attachments

• DSC012091.JPG
    DSC012091.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 360
What a nice transormer :) Are these for sale too? Do you have another transformers? I used to souce them from USA, but these could be interesting.

Hi S3TUP, I don't suggest buying huge transformers from CN,for the shipping will cost tooooooo much ^_^

but for a 30VA transformer,$30 is enough for one including airmail shipping

I know that the AC voltage in USA is 110V,but transformers in CN provides 220V most of the time, that is to say, you may need 'custom made' ... time and price will increase ...

Can't see the picture.:no:

That's because people keep posting links to the **thumbnail** rather than the actual picture.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6329/31581912.th.jpg

NOTE: The above URL has .th.jpg on the end - meaning THUMBNAIL

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6329/31581912.jpg

However the above URL will give the full size pic.

And here I have posted the correct link.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi bbp,

are there any kits left of the TDA1541 OS DAC and the USB converter?

Here in germany at a store namend conrad a toroid transformer is available which has the following specs:
80VA, 2x15V main secondaries plus 1x8V/0,1A additional secondary winding.

Would this one be a suitable solution for powering up the DAC, or is 0,1A not sufficient for the digital part?

You can have a look at Conrad Electronic - Europas führendes Versandhandelsunternehmen für Elektronik und Technik and then type in the number 518778 where "Hersteller-Artikel-Nr." is written (in the blue form on left hand side).

Thanks!
martin

Hi bbp,

Here in germany at a store namend conrad a toroid transformer is available which has the following specs:

Would this one be a suitable solution for powering up the DAC, or is 0,1A not sufficient for the digital part?

You can have a look at Conrad Electronic - Europas führendes Versandhandelsunternehmen für Elektronik und Technik and then type in the number 518778 where "Hersteller-Artikel-Nr." is written (in the blue form on left hand side).

Thanks!
martin

Hi martin,

Both DAC and USB convertor are available ^_^
For the transformer, 8V 0.1A seems not good for the digital part indeed, but it is safe unless your transformer is in very poor quality. The SAA7220 needs 5V/180mA=0.9W POWER, In my opinion, the 8V/0.1A from a 80VA transformer may provides more than 0.1A actually.

regards
bbp

Last edited:
Hi bbp,

Thanks!
martin

I got a pair of toroidals from Rapid electronics.

Rapid | Distributors of electronic components, electrical products and educational supplies

88-3409 MINI OPEN TOROID 7.0VA 15V+15V 0.233A RC EACH £8.56
88-3406 MINI OPEN TOROID 7.0VA 7V+7V 0.500A(RC) EACH £8.56

These are nice and compact (approx 50mm diameter)

I have attached a pic of my DAC wth transformers.

tda1541-transformers.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.