• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:TDA1541 OS DAC KITs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
8V DC is OK, for there is a LM7805 on the board
Do connect the +8V to the postive pole of the main capacitor,and 0V to negtive
ok thanks, saying the truth i used the same AC input, so my 8Vdc will (unusefully) flow into the diode bridge, so no need for me to identify negative or positive input..tested in this way until 7.3Vdc, everything seemed well working, i've to study 7805 and it's minimum voltage dropout.. :)

ok thanks, saying the truth i used the same AC input, so my 8Vdc will (unusefully) flow into the diode bridge, so no need for me to identify negative or positive input..tested in this way until 7.3Vdc, everything seemed well working, i've to study 7805 and it's minimum voltage dropout.. :)

Hi madqwerty, sorry I can't provide the completed schmetic >_<

Attachments

• TDA1541.jpg
    TDA1541.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Hehe, i've just received the DAC!
So far it looks good, quality parts on a nice board!
TDA's decoupling caps are subjected to change to red WIMAs, maybe bypass caps on output ELNAs, bypass caps on opamps (right on the chips)...
The PSU would be +/-15VAC +9VAC 200VA monster (that's what i have). Maybe additional external rectifier/regs to make dual-stage regulation with decoupling CRC filter in between regs (to prevent the onboard diode noise too).

I don't like the SAA7220 filter, but that's the only filter that is relatively cheap...

I'll try the NOS OS concept, by feeding the TDA1541 with external 174kHz I2S from soundcard with foobar's SSRC resampler, so maybe the SAA7220 will be turned off.

Thanks! Your's motor-driven volume control is nice too!

yeah, good links, but i've to consider i'm on the wrong side of Atlantic Ocean :D so (maybe) custom duties, and unknown delivery times..
and i looked for a single transformer (to minimize space requirements)

so i asked for a manually wound transformer (on my specifications) to a well known italian shop,
for 47€ shipped they will make me a transformer with these charateristics:
Primary : 230 Vac
Secondary 1 : 15-0-15 Vac 0,5A
Secondary 2 : 0-7 Vac 1A
Shield (to be connected to Earth) between primary and secondaries..

hope it will be well working.. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.