• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: O2 Headphone Amp Assembled Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For anyone who is still considering ordering any O2 front panels from aerohoff, I'd just like to say that I highly recommend them! I ordered both a clear acrylic front panel and a bamboo panel from him. For a grand total of $14 (including the surprisingly fast shipping), I really expected less than stellar quality. They arrived thoughtfully wrapped & separated in an appropriately sized envelope so as not to damage one another or slide around during transit, which is always a good sign. After inspecting both of the panels in a well lit area & trying very hard to find some kind of fault in them, I finally accepted that they were pretty close to perfect. The acrylic hasn't got a single scratch on it. The bamboo's grain structure is gorgeous & it's surface is pleasantly smooth.

The only issue I have with them is trying to decide which one I like more on my O2's blue enclosure... :)

IMHO, clear acrylic and bamboo are both brilliant choices for the O2--aesthetically, economically functionally, philosophically and practically. To me, these panels really help to convey the simplistic & functional beauty that is the O2. It's great how a $6 piece of laser-cut acrylic or bamboo can manage to elevate & showcase this fantastic little amp. For $6 a piece and $2 total shipping within the U.S., it's an easy decision. It looks better than the standard/boring anodized aluminum panel, and it's cheaper!

Perhaps when NwAvGuy releases the ODAC this spring, aerohoff will consider selling some matching panels. :D

You mean a rear panel for the USB input? That would be nice.

Well, my understanding is that the ODAC will be designed to integrate within the ODA and the O2, but the ODAC will also be capable of being used as a separate/stand-alone USB powered unit within it's own enclosure. I plan on using it with my O2, but I'd like to retain the ability to use the O2 as a portable with battery power, so I intend to use the ODAC in it's own, separate enclosure. If there's a standard, small enclosure used for the stand-alone ODAC (as with the O2's B2-080) that's widely used for it, then I would love for it to match my O2. If demand for the stand-alone ODAC isn't very high then I wouldn't expect matching panels to be sold, but I'd definitely like it. (I'm imagining a cute little ODAC sitting atop my O2 with matching enclosures/panels.) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.