Frugel-Horn Mk3

That depends on the drivers, the XO frequencies, phasing & design requirements. Short answer though is yes, such things are possible. FWIW, I would sound a fairly major note of caution over the alleged benefits of minimalism though. This can be (and often is) taken to counterproductive extremes. For e.g., with 'regular' midbass / + 1in or < tweeters, low order filters can often require a higher component count due to needing multiple notch filters etc. in the nominal stopband to control response aberrations that with a higher order slope would be shunted to sufficiently low / innocuous levels.

Biamp + active is usually a good way forward.

Well I meant in the case of the VWR126.

Concerning the XO frequency, it's all a balancing act between how high you want to have it (in order to minimize XO related distortion in the telephonic band), and what amount of comb filtering you are willing to accept and the final C2C distance in the MTM arrangement.

And this is the kind of compromise where the experience of a builder plays a bigger role than simulations as they can sound very different from the real deal.

As I don't have the experience required to make such a call, I'd be happy to hear what you guys think about it.

A practical example could be an MTM double FH3 with a center tweeter.

hajj - the new kit doesn't publish XO scheme or parts list (may be just an oversight), but as they were by 2 different designer ( Triton by Jeff Bagby, and the VX.2 by Al Wooley), my money's on there being some differences there.

But overall, aside from the additional bracing and initial port location on Jeff's drawings, they look to be more alike than different.

Either one should be a killer MTM at those prices - just add your own wood

not that , Cal

Are you asking if your driver could be used in the FH3 style box? If so you will have to post some data so the smart guys can help answer you.

The original test figure

The same size parameters and Fountek FR89EX

31.jpg

Last edited: