Frugel-Horn Mk3

Hi, another pair completed.
I've read of the possibility of the FH3's having a little less bass when fitted with the FE126En's but I am happy to report that I have not found this to be an issue.
In fact I am still amazed at where the sound comes from!
As I have never used plywood, have a limited work space and few power tools (handraulic only) the speakers have been constructed from 18mm chipboard, glued and screwed. To finish the front baffle I splashed out on a couple of 18mm ash boards.
The new speakers have only a few hours playing time to date but I have been amazed at the expansive sound from initial fire up.
As you can see from my layout, the positioning is not ideal as I cannot get the speakers close to any corners but I am not finding this a problem.
When the speakers are run in I intend to try single strands of Cat 5 to each side of each speaker as recommended.
Finally, a big thank you to the design team, you have come up with a winner as far as I am concerned.

Graham

Attachments

• saracenblue.jpg
    saracenblue.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16,127
Very pretty. I like the solid ash front baffles (sucker for ash & oak)

The FR125 should work. Yes, TB built them AFAIK, but they may not be around for much longer, so if that's the driver you want, I suggest grabbing a pair as-soon-as.

The driver or CSS might be gone?

The FH3's look fantastic BTW Saracenblue. Very cleanly executed :D Do those have a pretty significant backwards slant or is that just the picture? The plans don't call for a slant ...

The FR/WR125. CSS is very much alive & kicking.

FH3 does in fact have a slanted front baffle.

Thought they were, they've got some fantastic products!

I must be missing something with the plans. I just got the link from Dave's site and am looking at them and the fronts are all 90 degree angles. Not questioning you, just curious where I'm missing seeing them with angled front baffles :confused:

Many thanks for the comments about the FH3's.
As you probably guessed to achieve a little WAF, the colouring helps the speakers blend in.
The amplifier is a little 6EM7 SET, designed by Gary Kaufman which puts out about 1 watt. For the room size and my taste of music, the amplifier works well with the FH3's.
I am delighted with the results and would definately recommend these little speakers, they are amazing.

Graham