four transistor emitter follower (diamond buffer) as power output stage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hpavictor
For the class A is a good solution. To increase the power output and efficiency necessary to use push-pull follower with a corrector Hauksforda but not natraivat its minimum distortion, and a small overcompensation so as to have the output impedance of 0.2 ... 0.3 ohms. To enhance the effect, the driver must be with an output impedance of 10...30 kohms provided that a resistor at the input the output stage.
best regards
Petr

I am sorry for my english
For the class A is a good solution. To increase the power output and efficiency necessary to use push-pull follower with a corrector Hawksford (ECH), but it is not adjusted to the minimum distortion, and a small-compensation so as to obtain a negative output impedance minus 0.2 ... 0.3 ohms. To enhance the effect, the driver must be with an output impedance of 10...30 kohms provided that a resistor at the input the output stage.

nice solution

see my last design

Attachments

• RIND.GIF
    RIND.GIF
    16.2 KB · Views: 705
Stee
My friend, a former sound engineer, was also a supporter of complex circuits for a voltage amplifier using current mirrors. When I asked him a simple circuit on a symmetrical folded cascode and that trumped all of his previous scheme, it was pleasantly surprised. All voltage amplifier (VAS) turned on four transistors. Of his best scheme turned my three schemes that overplay his complex schemes. So that the number of transistors still defines nothing.
Best regards
Petr

Stee
In fact, I do not see anything complicated in this circuitry, just all should be some sort of rational sufficiency
And in the output stage of this thread I suggest adding a diode between the input and output - the anode to the entrance. This is to prevent saturation of the upper arm (sholder) by clipping the signal.
Best regards
Petr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.