Fostex driver suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've always been curious about that little Fostex "woofer" - pretty much a fullrange if going by published FR. Priced a bit high for me though, but I like it's balance of T/S parameters for a 4". You don't hear much about drivers from this series, I'd be interested to hear of first hand experiences too.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Fostex FW108HS 4" Full Range/Woofer

Fostex has quite a few expensive drivers that look to be worth exploring if you have the spare cash. This one uses the FE108ew basket which is very nice. Published response starts rolling off at 10k, much the same as the Peerless 830870. If that driver is any indication an anechoic 35 Hz F10 in an ML-TL is possible.

2 mated with a nice 3” — FE88 SOL seems to have past us by — would make a nice tidy WAW.

dave

I recall almost pulling the plug on a pair - most likely the FW108HS or perhaps FW168HS - when Solen had a price reduction some years ago. As chrisb said, I could hardly justify the cost, even on sale, compared to lots of others that look just as good on paper at least.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.