• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: NHT Loudspeaker drivers and amps-Discussion Thread

"NHT has run out of or is no longer selling almost all of the products that are listed on this website. If they say "This product is no longer available for sale" under them OR the spreadsheet shows a quantity of zero, then they are gone. I do not have any more. DO NOT ASK ME if I just have one more, or can make you a pair because you reaaalllly want some. I am only leaving these products up on the wbsite so people can have access to the documentation."

Well , it was fun while it lasted

Jack Hidley said:
For everyone else, but NOT for me:)

I can certainly understand that.

I was never able to purchase any complete speaker products while they were available. However , because of your site and the discussion here , I became aware of the Xd design. And from that , I purchased a complete XdA system. I must say that after several weeks with it , I find the Xd system to be the most satisfying speaker I have owned. My last speaker system was my reference for 5+yrs. Fulrange ribbon with Linkwitz OB subs below 125hz. The Xd my not have all the power of that system ,but it conveys a truthfullness to the source I have come to trust. So ,even as I am unable to purchase some of these bargins for DIY , I really did find what I was hoping for.
Just wish I could have bought a second XdW;)

Jack,

Any chance the xdw drivers will be back? I only ordered two so that I could test and make sure they would work in the application that I was using them for. I did not think it would be a problem getting more since the site showed they had 400. Now that NHT has pulled them, I am part way complete with out any option of getting more. Thank you for all that you have done for the DIY crowd.

There is some chance that NHT may decide to sell the XdW woofers in the future, but this is completely out of my control. If they do decide to sell them in the future, I'll add them back to my website.

I can add the Jensen 15" woofer shipping weight to the spreadsheet tomorrow. I really have no way to measure the frequency response right now, since I don't have any cabinets around for a 15". The driver is too large to mount in any of our test baffles in the chamber.

XdS grilles

Jack

The five XdS units I purchased through you came without the grilles.
Although that was not mentioned on the item description (while it was still for sale), I assumed that these were NOT missing from my boxes given the reduced price. Besides, I would not have them on when listening in the first place.

Last week I "almost had an accident" that could have sent one XdS driver to the kingdom come... since this can be prevented in the future by having the grilles on, I need to ask:
- Do you have access to drawings for these grilles?
- Do you know if NHT would sell them as parts/accessories?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can provide.

==========================================

PS - these boxes sound amazing!!! I do not have an XdA, but I am using a BSS SoundWeb as an active crossover. Lots of fun...!
:up: