• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: NHT Loudspeaker drivers and amps-Discussion Thread

I haven't had a chance to optimize the X1/X2 crossover curves for the XdW yet. It is still on my list of things to do.

I assume that the attachment to your post is a simulation of the X1 frequency response, as opposed to a measurement. It is definitely not correct. The low frequency peak should be at about 27Hz, not 35Hz. The peak amplitude looks close, but might be 4dB or so too high also.

noise in the machine

pc's are typically very noisy based on unshielded power supplies radiating lots of interference- to count it out hookup a portable battery driven source and if the amp is still problematic start at the input connectors looking for chassis ground where they don't belong (ie rca inputs)- you could also hookup the computer to another amp and see if its is the problem- also you could have a "little of both" issues which will be very hard to find if you don't start isolating the parts and pieces(see above)-
bottom line in all DIY projects is go slowly, "measure twice cut once",
fuse power wherever possible and if you have a variac use it, if you don't have a multimeter buy one they are cheap and can give you answers to your questions, finally the whole point of this kind of forum
is ask the question and someone who has gotten past a similar problem will HELP you.
Gotta love it
rob

Replacement tweeters for VT-3 + repair of a sub amp

I need to buy two VT-3 replacement tweeters. Also one of my VT-3 sub amps go on and off (and I have verified that it is not a loose connection). Any help regarding where to buy the replacement tweeters and have the sub amp repaired will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Anitesh

If the WF-100k amplifier hums louder when the patch cord is removed from it, then something may be wrong with the amplifier.

Remove all input cables, disconnect the driver, turn the LP control and volume to max and measure the noise at the amplifier output with an AC voltmeter set to the mV AC scale.

Replacement VT-3 tweeters can be purchased from NHT. www.adkhifi.com can repair your VT-3 amplifier.

Jack Hidley said:
If the WF-100k amplifier hums louder when the patch cord is removed from it, then something may be wrong with the amplifier.

Remove all input cables, disconnect the driver, turn the LP control and volume to max and measure the noise at the amplifier output with an AC voltmeter set to the mV AC scale.

Replacement VT-3 tweeters can be purchased from NHT. www.adkhifi.com can repair your VT-3 amplifier.
Thanks. I'll do that when I have time.

Any news as to whether the Jensen woofers are still for sale?