Fonken for 10" Audio Nirvana?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A "miniOnken" for the cast 15"?

600 litres. 21+ ft^3. And need of a very BIG room or you are going to have to be damping down the bass due to room gain. Golden Ratio box (interior sans bracing) ~137x85x53 cm

More sensible would be a 400 litre sealed box filled almost completely with ultratouch. Or even an ~200 litre box filled with the same, but with a grid of 1/4=3/8" holes on the back. (95x59x37 cm)

dave

cast 15

I bet more than a few of us look forward to your response. Then perhaps more an15's will be sold..........

Yeah, I’ve been eyeballing these for a while now since I want to gut these ~20 ft^3 cabs out to use the components for a large scale version of the Altec 9844 studio monitor, but can’t bring myself to scrap them, so with having fond memories of RCA’s LC-1A ‘FR’ driver…….

Since my house is an open plan, there’s precious little gain, ergo the built in LF boost in the sim when tuned to ~Fs is fine by me, or if not, I'll tune it lower.

GM

Attachments

• GM with Altec 'sub'.jpg
    GM with Altec 'sub'.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Audio Nirvana 15 CF Vb = Vas Fb = Fs MLTL.gif
    Audio Nirvana 15 CF Vb = Vas Fb = Fs MLTL.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 237
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.