Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because were headed back into the dark ages where surperstition and belief in nonsense is becoming wide spread and reason and the scientific process are only for academics. Even on a technical website like this there are more people that believe in magic ( stones, goop, marking pens, cable lifters, cable direction etc etc ) than science. And momentum grows with snake oil salesmen that use psuedo science to sell to ignorants who want to believe, instead of looking for the truth. This wonderfull tool, instant information, has backfired. Instead of educating the masses it has given voice to every quack and conman on our round earth and most people would rather find an opinion that matches theres than the truth. Even if your the one in a million that believes in dragons you'll find thousands of others that believe and support you.

You mean like how a male thinks he can become a female if he has surgery? lol

Because were headed back into the dark ages where surperstition and belief in nonsense is becoming wide spread and reason and the scientific process are only for academics. Even on a technical website like this there are more people that believe in magic ( stones, goop, marking pens, cable lifters, cable direction etc etc ) than science. And momentum grows with snake oil salesmen that use psuedo science to sell to ignorants who want to believe, instead of looking for the truth. This wonderfull tool, instant information, has backfired. Instead of educating the masses it has given voice to every quack and conman on our round earth and most people would rather find an opinion that matches theres than the truth. Even if your the one in a million that believes in dragons you'll find thousands of others that believe and support you.

That’s just life. The majority of people have always been subnormal throughout existence.

I had to extend a 79 strand cable with 1 mm solid core from an electrician for a church installation using Bose 901. There was a difference in sound which suggested a better solid core might be ideal. I speculate 0.6mm. The difference was clearly it filtered something, the what was sibilance (could be due to RF even ) . It wasn't subtle and could be checked as one channel was in 79 strand still. It's one of two times I have liked 901's, mostly I didn't.
All the Bose speakers (901, 802, 301 etc) that I have worked on run solid core internal wiring (wirewrap connections) around about 0.6mm from memory !.
In the case of 901/802 the drivers are wired in series with the same wire type, probably consecutively wired using the same supply reel.

The last section of cable (can be little as a few inches even) gives an interesting/curious 'finalising/mastering' to the final sound......a higher order energy transfer matching thing going on (insulations included) in the case of the 901's ?.
The nasty EQ unit was used. I always use solid core now as it is cheap and to me it works. My friends say what cable do I use " Yaksahumi " I always say. Better friends say " he means bell wire ". I sometimes use fancy cable if bass only. Some off cuts of Nordost mains wire very often.
For the experiment I'm currently running all copper RG-59 75R (no platings, solid thin centre wire, a half reel came my way real cheap) as interconnect and as speaker wire.
75R across each speaker cable end is critical, in this case with pretty good AV Denon receiver (video stages can be switched off - 'Pure Dierect Mode')...2 x 150R 0.6W MF parallel back to back across each connection survives surprising degree of abuse and sounds good, really good.....CF causes another altogether different sound ! (don't like it long term), briefly tried Ceramic WW, I immediately didn't like it.
IME 1mm solid core (red/white ?) building wire cable with white sheathing sounds cool....the sheath is important/significant, as are the individual wire (coloured) insulations.

Dan.

Last edited:
Audiophile interest is fine if low cost.My solid core was added to 79. It was in Belgium. I asked for a real of 1mm and got 5 metres. My French is ok so why did he do it? He said I didn't need more! Otherwise this interesting addition to my knowledge would never have happened. Basically addition of solid core changes the sound. It's not that 79 is bad, just solid helps tame it a bit.Similar to a 1A film filter or UV type.Just think if Whisky was drunk as an unaltered vodka. Would we insist it more correct? I am not a whisky lover. All the same I respect the art of making it.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Because were headed back into the dark ages where surperstition and belief in nonsense is becoming wide spread and reason and the scientific process are only for academics. .

In my country more and more parents decide not to have their kids inoculated because 'someone on the net' said they will become autistic, will live shorter, what have you.

Now got to the point that children's illnesses and deaths from them that were all but eradicated are on the rise again. But that's just facts, and we all know that the chance that people change their mind due to facts is pretty shallow, unless you have a great story. Actually a story is much better than facts, because when you do have a good story, you can make them believe pretty much anything anyway...

Jan

Last edited:
There have been concerns that like VW some aspects of vacine testing involves profit motive. Some even think like peanut allergy some react badly and are sacrificed for the greater good. One has to be careful before criticising as it could be you. Fully knowing this I always have my flu jab, not an easy choice.
Yes, the individual human life quality collateral damage is taken as fair game and drug company liabilities are denied by legislation...but there are compensation/support mechanisms available....things that make you go hmmm.

.......and pesticides that are approved on basis of 48 hour testing protocol.....to quote John McEnroe 'you cannot be serious !'.
Why would you line up to be given a specific flu (and whatever other ingredients) ???, no comprehend o.

Dan.

Last edited:
In my country more and more parents decide not to have their kids inoculated because 'someone on the net' said they will become autistic, will live shorter, what have you.
Jan, what if your infant was rendered autistic/incapable/retarded/slow learning/dependant/unemployable from one minute to the next and before your very eyes...for the 'greater good' takes on a whole different perspective right there and then, and socially engineered beliefs and any hint of smugness evaporates in a flash.
There is evidence of susceptibility to adverse reactions to vaccination injections, the legal and humanitarian onus is on the legislators/enforcers to provide appropriate pre screening to prevent adverse outcomes of socially compulsory inoculations.

Dan.

The internet and democracy have the same problem. Idiots have the same voice as educated persons.

"Educated persons" have more $$$. In the USA money is speech , so their "voice "
is amplified.
Recently, (unfortunately) enough idiots have clustered to circumvent this concept.
The Internet , controlled by the educated ... creates more Idiots , which then
widens the divide and consolidates more power.

OS

"Educated persons" have more $$$. In the USA money is speech , so their "voice "
is amplified.
Recently, (unfortunately) enough idiots have clustered to circumvent this concept.
The Internet , controlled by the educated ... creates more Idiots , which then
widens the divide and consolidates more power.

OS

Yes we can clearly see that happening in the USA where the most educated people are in power... :rolleyes:

Yes we can clearly see that happening in the USA where the most educated people are in power... :rolleyes:

But , are the Idiots REALLY in power ? USA = scam = $$ = power = truth.
With the diversion of idiots , the educated can play the "end game" precisely.

Power in the USA is corporate. :trash::trash:

Ignorance, stupidity and blatant falsehood have a limitless voice in the digital age.
"Flat earthers" accompany well read idiots , hermits on social media , media
addiction. Most content is sponsored or related to selling things. The media itself is shallow. This leaves many "dumbed down" consumers , even willing
to spend on the ultimate sham to keep a hand in your back pocket - IOT. :eek:

All planned by graduates. Interviewed many Utah BYU programmers. They
knew what they would be doing with their education , combining social engineering / statistics and applying this to idiots. They were educated to
respect the profit motive and disregard the ethics involved. These are the
ones who will be designing/coding 5G + IOT.

The "brave new world" looks to be in the hands of "educated idiots".:D
OS

Status
Not open for further replies.