Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the safety devices.
Most people limit how they think to have the largest circle of friends. The safety devices would be constantly checking to be sure what you say suits other people.
If you take the safety devices off for most madness is the most likely result. The person at best is in a sort of feedback loop that means plenty to them, but very little to the outside word.
That is an interesting thought. It can be very liberating to take them off. It can, ofcourse, have serious consequences. It's not easy to disregard what suits other people usually because they can have some power to make things difficult
for you and that gives them an excuse, most people don't need much of one. You don't have to limit how you think, but I've found the best and most empowering way is not to feel compelled to tell everyone, again, not easy, people are always seeking confirmation.

Flat Earth People. My feeling is they are simply asking how much of what we know is fact. The Flat Earth is what we as small objects on this sphere should observe. Do we trust our eyes or take the high flung ideas of others. I would say always distrust anything sold to you as hard fact. Who knows, a small journey like theirs might make you rich. Make it a small one I would say, a stimulus. Newton made a very simple discovery that some say was his most inspired. He split light into a spectrum as others had done. He then tried to split it again with a second prism, others thought the glass caused the colours which seems fair to me. The light did not split again. From this he satisfied himself the what we see is a split of white light or absorbion of. That's genius. It's said the apple from the tree idea was that the real one was too complicated. Flat earth People seem not to believe in gravity. Well, that's not so stupid as it is far from understood. One guesses it is a force not unlike magnetism. Others think it is a force at right angles and not in the dimension. A week force or not a force at all. All the same we can define it's action. NASA told me they only needed Newton so far. I always thought Newton might have done the dirty on Hooke.

Robert Hooke - Wikipedia

This clip came from childrens TV in the era of 405 line TV ( and early 625 ) . If you seek the others I hope you find it the Python clips you never saw. I just love Mrs Black. Michael Bentine did kids TV also. He somehow got left behind when Blake Edwards took Peter Sellers to Hollywood.

YouTube

Quite right. The more I looked at the Flat Earth the more I understood what they were saying. I totally reject it as it helps no one to argue it and may actually be dangerous. Inside it's too complex to be true ideas there are one or two things which were considered true circa 1491 and since then have become a newer truth. Most of us would be hard push to prove anything if faced with hostile non belivers either ways.

If people ask me to define my beliefs I try to show them the interlocked complexities of this world I would call impossible chance. Very soon I am in a world of my own as they don't have a clue what I mean. I truely think my ideas are the ones that really work. All the ideas ask is chance or not chance. A clue is, if chance we would not exist? Science got very close to proving this and was overwhelmed by people who would like to pertetuate the confussion. It's a simple question. You see patterns in things. Is it chance or not chance? Chemistry proved it was not chance. Regardless of how you will argue this is correct. It is in fact a binary.

I understand the point you make. All the same good science needs good proof. They challenge our science which is good. We might think these things were proven many years ago. Not really to the point where it is obvious what it right. I don't think I would stay alive for long if they ruled the World.

Pasteur only was believed by the Bordeaux wine producers. It took him years to get the same ideas to become common knowledge. That advantage was the one that made Bordeaux able to charge a premium ever since. Medical Doctors shame on you, you murdered people fully knowing the truth. Dirty hands. Koch said the same.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Medical Doctors shame on you, you murdered people fully knowing the truth. Dirty hands. Koch said the same.

Heh they've done far more than that, Doctors as a whole have made themselves a cosy place in the circle of control over the population of the planet, after all who do you trust the most if you've been told all your teenage life that the world is rosy and if you get a job you can own a home? Government, Police, Doctors, Bankers.

I've begun to align my opinions recently with those of the anti-psychiatry movement after in 2008 being tried to be coerced into becoming a voluntary patient on the basis of having no illness whatsoever other than a reluctance to tell psychiatrists what my problems were because of a rational fear of persecution because my father teased me for a period of at that time 10 years and because my father told me to not talk to the doctors because he was a master manipulator and wanted to control everything of my life. Basically I was seeking help for depression with medication because I felt that I could talk to counsellors better if I had the right medication, but instead I was shouted at by the doctors and labelled as a drug addict for the simple act of requesting a specific medication (a TCA) which I had taken before in the past and had little side effects from.

Instead I was shouted at by the doctors and got told that I must take a SSRI medication which, as I explained multiple times to multiple doctors that the SSRI meds gave me severe mutliple side effects, some life threatening.

They basically made the PTSD that I already had a billion times worse by forcing me to take a specific SSRI medication and yelling at me when I refused to do so, even threatening me with involuntary admission for not wanting to talk to them and not wanting to take a specific SSRI because the side effects were too severe.... let that sink in for a second.

I consider what they done to me to be a criminal act and I am slowly but surely trying to take the medication that they've given me "this time around" which is Lexapro and which I have had very little side effects from, but the side effects include an insatiable and uncontrollable desire to eat sugary foods, and guess what, my new GP is ready and waiting for me to take a blood test so that he can diagnose me with Diabetes! hahahaha! I don't have diabetes but he is checking to see if I do have it...

Its almost like they brainwash teenagers and kids into believing that they have depression, then force SSRI's onto them which makes them fat and crazy with rage (due to the inability to orgasm, or the manic psychosis that it creates, or due to the depression that it creates when trying to come off the medication)

Then the second step is as they are adults and unable to obtain a job they are there ready for you to go to them and take more medication from them, and take this medication until you get diabetes later on in life. or liver failure.

And I'm expected to trust these people? I wouldn't trust anyone if I went through even half of the things that I've experienced in my lifetime but deep back in my mind I've always thought to myself until recently that "its ok, maybe I should trust this guy.".

And have you seen most mental health hospitals? They are big scary looking places with bars on the windows even the place that deals with child and adolescent mental illnesses have *******' bars on their windows and you're telling me that a kid is dangerous enough to have bars on the windows? wow.

And oh wow was the local mayor proud to be opening up a disused mental asylum that dates from colonial times to be reused as a child mental health hospital. The place looks like the stereotypical asylum and the local doctors here are using it to treat kids with...it has happy and healthy slogans on the inside walls in the waiting room but once you get inside the hospital all of the doors have big nasty barrell locks on the doors and padded rooms and bars on the windows.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
If you want a reason for the existence of flat earth believers, look no further than the psychiatric system which doesn't help anyone at all.

The psychiatric system apparently based in Science has corrupted the view of Science for many people, by acting corrupt and incomprehensibly inhumane they have shaped the opinion of many people that not only has the government gone insane but that they are flat out lying to us and treating us like dirt for the sake of their own financial gains.

So has Science-Fiction and the media who have for many decades told us of incredible secrets and discoveries that are being held back by evil government powers wishing to stifle innovation for the sake of keeping the old industry alive.

Just simply count the many institutions and the many corporations who have contributed to the brain-poisoning of the population of the planet as the reasons behind why flat-earthers exist at all.

You have corporations telling you that high sugar diets is good for you, that eating an ice block confectionary will get you friends.
You have corporations telling you that buying a car will get you a promotion or vice versa and that buying a car goes hand-in-hand with a specific lifestyle such as windsurfing.
You have corporations telling you that a drug is great and treats all sorts of illnesses, slow motion video of laughing people included.
You have corporations telling you that Burgers are juicy and delicious, sorry but I'll be the one to decide that not you.
That brings up a good point by the way, when does advertising make the decisions for us? All of the time I would imagine.
You have doctors telling you that drugs have no side effects, WOW what a crock of ****!
You have government telling you to stay indoors, lock your doors and windows, BE AFRAID OF YOUR NEIGHBOR WITH THE MENTAL ILLNESS, HE IS OUTSIDE!.

And we have the hide to tell ourselves that we are going crazy and insane from a mental illness INSTEAD OF the stress of all of this negative information flooding into our brains?

I mean its no wonder that people think that the earth is flat and that lizards on the moon are controlling our every thought, THAT would be a much more sane and rational thing to believe in than to believe the current ******** that society is pummelling us with from every direction.

In fact I believe that that is exactly the reason why flat earthers and lizard believers believe, because believing in the crazy notion that lizards control everyone and that the earth is flat would be a much more LOGICAL thing to believe than to believe that sugar IS good for you, or that psychiatric drugs ARE good for you, or that doctors are NOT out to push drugs onto you.

The belief in the insane notion of the earth being flat and that lizards are on the moon is the much more sane belief, at least then nobody has told you to believe that belief, no, you've come up with it yourself, and confectionery companies cannot and will not want to use that information to advertise to you.

In fact in this way most people who believe that the earth is flat have shielded themselves against government & corporate meddling in their beliefs because their beliefs are so ridiculous as to be truly incorruptible by governments and corporations.

Psychiatry and the Business of Madness deconstructs psychiatric discourse and practice, exposes the self-interest at the core of the psychiatric/psychopharmacological enterprise, and demonstrates that psychiatry is epistemologically and ethically irredeemable. Burstow's medical and historical research and in-depth interviews demonstrate that the paradigm is untenable, that psychiatry is pseudo-medicine, that the "treatments" do not "correct" disorders but cause them. Burstow fundamentally challenges our right to incarcerate or otherwise subdue those we find distressing. She invites the reader to rethink how society addresses these problems, and gives concrete suggestions for societal transformation, with "services" grounded in the community. A compelling piece of scholarship, impeccable in its logic, unwavering in its moral commitment, and revolutionary in its implications.
Psychiatry and the Business of Madness: An Ethical and Epistemological Accounting: 9781137503848: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com

Last edited:
The trouble with psychiatric science is there is very little science. What passes as science is the drugs. SSRI's from the very little I know of it help the world rather than the victim. My son studied medical chemistry, he begged his mother not to take them as he felt there is no way back once taken. He also thinks flourine in water is a bad idea.

I asked someone who worked in this field if the subcontious exists? She said yes and was the whole belief of her trade. I said to her I would not be allowed in my work to say something like that as there is no proof. There is proof of unexspected things like seeing colour when hearing music for some, brain scan. I told her that at best her work was that of a priest. After some reflection she agreed. I could see something had hit home, she looked white as a sheet. I was sorry to do it, she might do better to be the priest. She gave me a very cryptic answer to what I said. Roughly it was this " Think back to what you said, although not allowed to I agree ". When I said what exactly she smiled and said nothing.

However in defense or real science it was thought I had Parkinsons and was recieveing treatment as if. I had to sign a piece of paper making me pay for the isotope if I didn't turn up ( £20 000 ). Oxfords best scanner used ( invented here ). I do not have Parkinsons, I have something like it in another part of the brain. Dr Hu ( yes ) is excellent and says 5 years ago I would have been treated for something I don't have. She went on to say it's very early days of knowing anything. Her best guess is I won't get worse. She wished they had the money to study me as it must be that others have it. I really doubt it's for her glory she wanted that.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
My son studied medical chemistry, he begged his mother not to take them as he felt there is no way back once taken. He also thinks flourine in water is a bad idea.

I got that impression myself after taking an anti-depressant for the first time but I managed to knock myself out of the fuzz that I was in, the feeling that I no longer had a soul, by simply drinking caffeine and waiting for a month or more for my regular self to come back and for me to regain my soul back.

As for flourine/flouride, I kind of agree that having one more substance in our water is probably a bad idea especially considering that we just recently found out that drinking cows milk doesn't actually strengthen our bones but rather weakens them. It is really all got to do with the science of the time and our methods of study being obsoleted by new science and of course politics and money.

As for doctors...yeah well you already need to have such an incredibly high sense of self worth and think you are a god and are a master manipulator just to be any sort of doctor, that attitude goes with the territory and its the reason why nurses are treated like garbage for even questioning a doctors orders and are often driven to tears. The doctors and nurses themselves are often driven to suicide too. and it is all because of this false notion that you have to cram and study at a young time in life instead of enjoying yourself just to get into medical school and pass with high grades.

But you wouldn't believe just how much money and greed's role is in all of this human suffering. Its incredible, its enough to make me want to become communist.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...y-doctors-kill-themselves-20180115-story.html

Funny thing is though is that high suicide rates for doctors have been high since 1858. Bizarre.

Fact of the matter is, is that the education system is built around the notion that young people are more adept at learning new things which is a never proven and a false notion. Why do we believe that anyway? Is it because as we get older we can no longer absorb new information? Hell no. Have you ever heard of the story of old people getting multiple degrees? it is very much possible. So why the cram early on in life?

I honestly believe that no one under the age of 40 should be allowed to be a doctor, they should be a highly trained nurse up until the age of 40 at the very least, this rule will allow the close training and experience from truly experienced doctors to be given time to transfer towards the nurses.

I also strongly believe that nurses should be allowed to take on more and more of the doctors roles instead of having to check with a doctor before doing anything at all to a patient. This would lift the burden off of doctors and allow a more efficient work environment.

Anyway. That is just one aspect of our society but it highlights an interesting point regarding stress and its effects on everybody in today's society. I don't mean to criticize doctors personally but rather I am shouting from the rooftops about the conditions and situation that all of us are in as human beings, screaming about the human condition and shaking my fist at the reality of our existence as a whole human species.

I mean sure you could blame overpopulation for nearly all of our problems but what is the point in doing that, it identifies the root cause of all of our problems, sure, but there is nothing that we can do about it.

And no, war isn't the answer. Death isn't the answer to anything. Instead we just have to continue to exist in this world and continue to pop our pills to cope with the stress and watch our tv shows and movies and play the games and work on projects to pass the time with.

But hey it isn't that bad. Elon Musk is taking us to mars. We have flatscreen 4k HD tv sets, Beautiful women, seven of 9 comes to mind, a vast assorted amount of food and drink, beautiful perfectly engineered cars, big homes. It almost all balances itself out.

Last edited:
When I was 10 years old I began getting pain in my abdomen, I was treated for a year for a stomach ulcer (how often do 10 year olds get stomach ulcers?) then one day my appendix burst. Years later I asked my parents why they hadn't questioned the doctor's diagnosis, they said in those days you didn't, you believed what you were told, the doctor knew best.

Status
Not open for further replies.