Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am right Flat Earthers think we are unique in the Universe, thus flat Earth is logical to them. The weird thing is Earth is the only planet we can study in detail. So strange they refuse to believe the simplicty of how it works when the data is so easy to have. I would love them to show the simple maths of satellite TV and how it could work on a flat Earth. I think I am right in saying many Flat Earthers think space is policed by aliens who refuse to let us off the planet. If I understood 400 miles up is the limit ( very topical ). By geometry the Greeks of the Bible's time would understand the satellite is far more than 400 miles away. The Flat Earthers often refuse to believe any satellites exist, GPS being prime. I have said this before so sorry if repeating myself. The maths below in PDF is very interesting.

It begs the question if computer driven cars can work. I would prefer a car that corrects my driving as I have very big doubts about how safe it is to take over the driving. My GPS likes to take me on roads that aren't suitable. A friend asked me recently why everybody drives in the middle of the road these days. I think they mistakenly think it's safer due to " possible risks ". I must say he is right. Having had a massive blowout due to a pot hole it's a real risk. How can a robot car know that. I had no choice with that one. I saw it on a very dark road, but was forced over. My friend in the car said " I forgot to tell you about that, it hasn't been there long", great. I have never owned an automatic car. I can see why owning one would be fine. Parking aids and warning devices are great. I would love to have very detailed speed limit imformation. I wouldn't mind a low cost device to help me be a better driver. This could work for even a 1960's E type so a great safety addition. Yes my phone does it, but isn't always correct. It should be the local police who maintain a grid of traffic imformation and if they fail to we can not be taken to court. They will say they are not here to do this. Well if they are not what are they here for? I would imagine it would save more lives than other topical dangers being intercepted. Knowing the police if they had that power they would use it to police the roads so perhaps not. Governments and Police don't need much power to become the real life Aliens. I would say don't allow driverless cars. We are sleep walking into trouble. All of the aids can be used.

Talking of risks. I was driving along when suddenly the car was covered in mud. It wasn't mud, it was blood and other stuff. Some animal had hit the car ahead of me. Both of us were doing about 55 MPH when the limit was 60. I never saw it and I guess neither did he. In our area we have Chinese Deer called Muntjac that escaped from a park many years ago. If you see one be very careful as usually there is a familly. Again, can a driverless car see that small movement in trees which says Muntjac danger. I am told they are rare in China now!

https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS/Articles/SolerEisemannJSE.pdf

nigel pearson said:
If I am right Flat Earthers think we are unique in the Universe, thus flat Earth is logical to them. The weird thing is Earth is the only planet we can study in detail. So strange they refuse to believe the simplicty of how it works when the data is so easy to have.
All this is just BS talk to distract people FROM IMPORTANT THINGS GOING ON!!!

If you wish to say aspects of Flat Earth beliefs are true the science you need to prove or disprove it is very simple. If you don't trust science that's something totally different. Many people don't because they don't want to. I think climate change is a prime example. Now at least even the people who distrust science seem to say the climate is changing. I side a little bit with them when they say it can not be said to be only due to carbon dioxide. That's correct science to say that. However it will add to any natural cause is certain to be true. The sea becoming more acidic seems to suggest the regulation the planet can offer is nearing an end. Mostly what the non believers seemed to be saying is how dare anyone say how they should live their lives.

The sea becoming more acidic seems to suggest the regulation the planet

The acidification process is extremely slow an gigantic, we cant percieve it with our eyes.
The rocket flat earther man want to risk his life in order to see if the earth is flat with his eyes.
The landscape is flat when you see it with our eyes.
We can't see the sea level rise with our eyes.
Blablabla ...eyes.

Too many humans on the planet, that's the problem. But not for long, looks like we are heading for an overdue cull.;)
I agree.

But...... it wont happen via 'atomic' was cos according to the flatties, the atomic bomb dont exist.
HERE is why, watch till 31:01 : YouTube

Because they did a sensor test and didnt use an atomic weapon there's no proof that an atomic weapon has ever been set off.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Too many humans on the planet, that's the problem. But not for long, looks like we are heading for an overdue cull.;)

"I know all about the carbon cycle, but I want to burn fossil fuels, so screw you" Is what they appear to be saying

Same thing happened when we tried to restrict the population rate. People rose up and said "You're not going to tell me how to live my life! this is my reproductive organs!"

I think there was some kind of sterilizing of people with severe mental and physical illnesses too back in the dark ages to prevent them from breeding.

radiosmuck is right on point with this one. You cannot control others for the benefit of the greater race because that is not only unethical its just rife with abuse from maniacs but you can't stop them from polluting the planet for their own gains because they have an economic edge so the only option left is to just simply sit back and watch the **** hit the fan.

That is exactly what we should all be doing, sit back and watch them wreck the place, don't even bother to say to people that we were right you were wrong. Same thing happened in the middle east a few thousand years ago, that place used to be a rainforest.

Unfortunately that is exactly what I believe has caused the mass extinction of various "civilized" societies in the past. People constantly bicker and moan between each other, shift the blame constantly, look out for only themselves, act selfishly and behave in a horrible criminal behavior until the day that they die and there is no way that you can possibly ever control people like this because we are all like this.

There may have been a small group of unselfish people (not-so-selfish-people) in the past but we have more than likely ran them into extinction.

The reality is that we are greedy by default but it doesn't work in any society and that is a fatal flaw in the human race.

Meek people inheriting the earth?, yeah we were spot on with that line, meek means you aren't selfish so technically it holds true. Unfortunately if you were to give away all of your food in say a post-apocalyptic scenario that won't work. Only give food and water to people who don't ask for it or who don't fight you for it. If you ask nicely for it, you get food, if you fight me for it, you don't.

If there is a genetic flaw in our society then that will weed out the people who are too selfish and leave behind people who are only mildly selfish and can control their selfish behaviour.

In human behavior there are always varying degrees of the strength of a persons behavior, so people who are only slightly selfish should be allowed to survive. Think swedish people, really nice people, those people will survive if they play it smart because the people who are starving will simply starve and not kill others for food. Therefore reducing the stress put on the resources needed to survive such as food.

In a post-apocalyptic situation in sweden for example people won't hoard food, people won't fight for food, food will be evenly distributed because people will ask for it kindly if they even ask for it at all, there won't be mass gangs roaming the streets, etc. A post-apocalyptic scenario in Sweden would go pretty smoothly.

I can't say the same for western society.

If we were smart we would outlaw the use of wood products immediately and force people to carpool immediately. We would also ban the purchase of a new phone every year and we would set mandatory laws on car sales as being "the last car you will ever buy", everybody would praise the build quality and production of cars and products which last as long as possible.

Last edited:
Yeah sure, that Strontium 90 in kid's milk in the 50s was just a fake too.
The shadows of Hiroshima: Haunting imprints of people killed by the blast – The Sun

All faked, atomic weapons dont exist BECAUSE they are compared to 'X tons' of conventional explosives and the root of their belief is in that youtube vid.
The hydrogen bomb footage is actually a fault on the film/s caused by tropical heat.
Same for the over-flight film footage from Chernobyl..... that was a bad batch of film because the Russians are carp at everything including making film.
I've sat and argued this out with flatties face to face and they cant get into their heads that 'Kilo Tons / Tonns of TNT' is used so that we can understand / comprehend the magnitude of a fissile event.

One of the reasons why no-one has stepped on the moon is because the Van Allan belt would kill us by radiation bombardment.....
Gravity does not exist either, so satellites Cant exist in orbit..... which means that Google Earth is fake.
Not that any of this matters, because nothing can orbit a snow-globe earth model.

These lies (or physics as we call it) about such things are attributed to Rothschild family, Religion or the Government.
My conclusion is that flatties are 'that percentage' of people who choose to be ignorant because they are to chuffing lazy to apply themselves even at a most basic level.

I just got back from my rocket ship..........here ya go!

Best%2BFlat%2BEarth%2BVideo%2B1000%2525%2BProof%2BThe%2BEarth%2BIs%2BFlat.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
These lies (or physics as we call it) about such things are attributed to Rothschild family, Religion or the Government.
My conclusion is that flatties are 'that percentage' of people who choose to be ignorant because they are to chuffing lazy to apply themselves even at a most basic level.

The ironic thing is that if we were being controlled by a higher functioning species then we will never know. And the fact that we are being controlled by a higher functioning species and that our planet is actually flat and not round (similarly like in that movie Dark City (1998)) we will never be able to escape.

And the fact that we will never be able to escape is depressing as hell.

You are right Venus and not for the alien fearing reasons. To this point we don't see an easy way to go to even the next star. That's what makes me doubt the aliens coming vast distances regardless of how advanced. Wormholes don't seem the way to do it.

Wasps, bees, humans and grass ( not that type ). My girlfriend hates wasps. I seem to be OK with them, they come and go in my workshop and never trouble me. I have grown to like them or respect them. My researches suggest bees are wasps gone wrong that came to exploit flowers. The more interesting is grass. Grass seems to be a recent thing. That is against anything I would have thought. It will take over after fire and will make the lanscapes of the modern period become more typical as they invade after fire. This period is slightly before us. Humans as far as I know are the most recent arrival. We and grass have done all the harm.

Colleen tells people I am a wasp whisperer. It is true they settle on me without fear. I usually chase them off after a minute or so. Not Hornets. I just can't trust them.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
You are right Venus and not for the alien fearing reasons. To this point we don't see an easy way to go to even the next star. That's what makes me doubt the aliens coming vast distances regardless of how advanced. Wormholes don't seem the way to do it.

There is nothing preventing an intergenerational ship visiting our planet and sending down a research/exploration party, I wouldn't be suprised if it hasn't happened in the past either.

That is also still possible for our species once we crack immortality to be able to reach another planet in another solar system at just 0.2% of light speed and ion drive could do that eventually and we have ion drive right now, in fact its meant to be going on the Tesla satellites which will be giving us all global internet access in order to maintain their position in the sky.

SpaceX could provide satellite broadband service as early as 2020
Ion thruster - Wikipedia
SpaceX lofts two all-electric ion-drive comsats to Clarke orbit • The Register

On March 1 at 1050 EST (0350 UTC) the Falcon 9 rocket punched out from Cape Canaveral, Florida. After nine minutes of rocket burn, the lower first stage dropped away, leaving the upper second stage of the Falcon to take the satellites past low Earth orbit 35 minutes after launch. There was no attempt to land the reusable first stage of the rocket.
While the satellite's ion engines might be thrifty, they are very slow, and it’ll take up to eight months to get them into position. Once there, however, the liquid-xenon fuel and 18kW solar cells can keep them in position for around 20 years.

And: SpaceX Falcon Heavy to launch Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster into Mars orbit

If he can send his car to Mars, then what else is next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.