Flat Earthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years I have wondered why the water to my bath is cold for so long. The water tank is only about 12 feet away and the pipes the old style 3/4 inch. Today I thought, lets start to answer this and not seek fancy reasons at first. 144[ ( 0.75^2 x Pi )/4]= 63.63 cu inch. That's just under 4 litres. I was told a small amount of blood makes a big mess so must assume 4 litres takes longer to make the journey than I thought whilst looking like gallons. The head of water is 10 foot or 3 metres which is about 0.3 bar ( or less I suspect ). Tomorrow I will take a bucket to the bathroom to know more. The kitchen is using 1/2 inch pipe ID ( 15 mm OD, very little work to join them ). It is at 0.5 bar and is much quicker although further from the tank. This problem starts with a small mystery and ends in one of perception being wrong. The Flat Earth is harder to check.

I am gald I didn't ask the pipe position into the water tank and if the insulating ability of water was the question. Far too early for that.

I said about the Saxons. Alfred not only wanted learning, he also translated text. He included the North People and how they lived right up to the Arctic. From what I can tell we now live in the world Alfred wanted . Very open minded and very high metal working skills. This was a 300 year period and focused on the village of Islip near me and Winchester. It seems to suit others to forget this bit of history. I would suspect the USA and it's values come from this man. The Laws of England were his laws which Magna Carta collected as The Law. The freedom to be in peace is also the freedom to know truth.

Maybe, I don't drink ☺
You don't know, what you lose. ;)
One of my favourite quote:
"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right."

Attachments

• LvP.jpg
    LvP.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 96
If I remember rightly 2.54 ^3 = 16.4 approx. Thus a 400 inch engine is about 6500 cc as near as. You are right. The mystery deepens and I was fitting the evidence to what I wanted to see.QED.

Looking at the pipes they could be 1 inch so I feel I have my answer. My main reason to say it was things are not always as they seem. My mistake was to assume the bath uses 1/2 inch pipes as the flow is so poor. The wash basin is 1/2 inch and is not the same feed and does give hot water quickly. It looks like these pipes come from the bath pipes. They do not. One has to be very sure. The worst bit of this is I have been thinking this for 20 years. For daft reasons it was one day too long so I asked the question.

Northern White Rhino's are down to 3 in the wild says the BBC text service. It might just be possible to save them by using eggs implanted into other Rhino's. Or a hybrid may have to be the best they can do. This is exactly what is akward in the Evolution story. Evolution as far as I can see is about what animals can do to suit an environment. It can happen very quickly and has obvious advantages. If animals were very welcoming to mutations that's all we would need to know. A mother would bring up the mutation as if her own type and her partner animal would look on with pride at the new creature that would one day kill him. I doubt all of that. The kindergarten has to be just right as in a Goldilocks story. I have no idea what the true version is.

If animals were very welcoming to mutations that's all we would need to know.

It is quite obvious you don't have even the slightest understanding of evolution as a theory or a process, but you are against it and willing to make silly arguments for pages and pages.

A lot of what is wrong with this world is people talking about stuff they don't actually know anything about, especially when their silly arguments reinforce their world view and/or benefit them in some other way.

It has been shown that efforts to change someone's mind don't generally work, but actually cause a backfire effect where the beliefs become more firmly entrenched. Completely resistant to facts and observations. Tactics to break through this sort of mental block are not suitable to this sort of media (forum posts.)

It seems quite common for poorly educated people to have difficulty integrating their own observations or things they think they know. When presented with contrary evidence they start to spout facts that they think reinforce their beliefs, or prattle on about tangential topics, chasing some sort of agreement or social validation.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A lot of what is wrong with this world is people talking about stuff they don't actually know anything about, especially when their silly arguments reinforce their world view and/or benefit them in some other way.
I don't think this is anything new or unusual. Just that we now have so much info at our fingertips it's easy to fact check and debunk. That wasn't so easy, even 15 years ago.

Plenty of people talk about things they know little about. It has probably shaped our world.

Status
Not open for further replies.