First Watt M2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oh tea-bag, :D

How long is your amp bucket- list....? :)

The Electra print xformers are really fine and you can even tell Jack to wind them 1:5 so you have the same winding ratio like Nelson in the M2.
Of course the xformer makes the sound darker so you need only one pair to get a good tonal balance and no more three pairs. :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It makes the lowthers behave.

The best way to make them behave may be Nelson's B5, the second best way may be his suggestion to put in the path in the Lowthers a two Ohm resistor paralleld by 0,3 mH.

The change does not take away the attack of the Lowthers but you can hear longer.....
And sound gets a bit warmer and fuller.....
These values were calculated for the PM6a he combined with his new bass monster at BAF 2011.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The best way to make them behave may be Nelson's B5, the second best way may be his suggestion to put in the path in the Lowthers a two Ohm resistor paralleld by 0,3 mH.

The change does not take away the attack of the Lowthers but you can hear longer.....
And sound gets a bit warmer and fuller.....
These values were calculated for the PM6a he combined with his new bass monster at BAF 2011.

I do have an 'actual' production FirstWatt B5. The speaks are PM5A copper VC with no hi-ferric. They sound pretty good with other amps for sure, just seems the cone control and sound is something I really like with F2J!

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I do have an 'actual' production FirstWatt B5. The speaks are PM5A copper VC with no hi-ferric. They sound pretty good with other amps for sure, just seems the cone control and sound is something I really like with F2J!

o.k. I understand, so you are in a good situation with B5 and F2J ....

enjoy it as long as you can, the

soldering iron never sleeps......:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Details, details.

naah

just another proof that Pa isn't formalist ...... even in pcb design

:rofl:

Pa is conceptualist , laughing one .

Attachments

• n5QYCLw.jpg
    n5QYCLw.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 613
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.