First Watt F7 review

The SIT amps have been successful on their own so I do not believe the F7 will be a SIT amp. I agree Michael, I am probably totally wrong but it is fun to guess. I do believe a Schade mosfet amplifier in the 25 watt range has potential to be very successful and popular unless Papa has had a brainstorm of something better.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
one of myriad possibilities .......

F5 like JFet input , cascodes modulated , Shaded Toshiba mosfet drivers (in place of regular F5 outputs) , source follower output

comparing to F5 , lower OLG , so lower NFB

edit: damn , that's pretty much like Sony Amp V2 , except Shaded Toshibas

Papalegoland

two pairs in output , opto bias .......

Last edited:
one of myriad possibilities .......

F5 like JFet input , cascodes modulated , Shaded Toshiba mosfet drivers (in place of regular F5 outputs) , source follower output

comparing to F5 , lower OLG , so lower NFB

edit: damn , that's pretty much like Sony Amp V2 , except Shaded Toshibas

Papalegoland

two pairs in output , opto bias .......

I'd buy that. Maybe with Lateral Mosfets on output. Another possibility, Papa SIT drivers instead of schaded feedback drivers.

Last edited:
Some unconfirmed rumors says to me that F7 will be simple hybrid amp ,
where A-class front end is one single super linear NOS triode driving via transformer F6 like SEPP A-class OPS consisting from one pair(or more pairs) of power SIT`s .:hypno2:

Yeah that was a reverse psychology attempt.
Tell papa he wouldn't do something, that you actually want him to do.

Hehehe

Edit: Aaaah bloody hell, we don't have access to those SITs, now I'm gonna cry. Thank you Nelson for BAF Mu follower, close enough to Nirvana for me.

Last edited: