• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Not so simple case when you consider the increased heat and noise..I admire you promotional skills, you'd make an adequate talent manager in case this audio design thing doesn't work out :).
What are-you referring to ?
Your disagreeable post makes no sense. You want to keep a 70V psu (regulated is not so good for audio) as-it ?
Well, add a cap multiplier with as 6V drop. But don't ask active devices in an existing amp to be able to afford more voltage than their max electrical limits.

Last edited:
There should be no reason for anyone to get irritable. I am repurposing an old amp whose PS performs adequately and fits nicely in the case so a cap multiplier is not really an option. Changing the resistors is doable but that introduces the negative effect described above. I was hoping LC had other components he could suggest, I wasn't posting just to be disagreeable.
:blush:

There should be no reason for anyone to get irritable. I am repurposing an old amp whose PS performs adequately and fits nicely in the case so a cap multiplier is not really an option. Changing the resistors is doable but that introduces the negative effect described above. I was hoping LC had other components he could suggest, I wasn't posting just to be disagreeable.
:blush:

Yes I understand you. You just posted in the wrong thread. You could have posted on the http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/240712-cfa-topology-audio-amplifiers.html where Lazy Cat also can respond your inquiry there.

I wasn't posting just to be disagreeable.
But you were, accusing L.C. to be "commercial" while all his efforts to provide those amps as a finished product were to answer members inquiries.
This First One amp is highly optimized and i highly recommend you DO NOT replace active parts in it to feat your special requirement.
You have to consider the amp (with SMDs) is offered fully build, tuned and tested with 63V rails and ask to be used as-it.
Follow ianrt options, adding my suggestion to the list.

BYRTT, thanks a lot for your nice words. I'm fighting right now to get an Internet access, not easy with the language barrier. ;-)

Last edited:
Esperado, did you miss the smilie after that comment? LC is fortunate to have so vigilant a guard but please note my comment was not in any way an accusation. Nor did I imply that his offering is overpriced or inadequate so where is the offense that prompted your response? It's one thing to be sensitive and quite another to be unjust.

Finally another Black Mamba is starting to sing...
Althought i have some problems with Hypex smps i am happy that amp is working now.
Both SMPS were defect. First was semi dead after few startups...but only negative rail made problems. After connecting speakers starting to goes on and off constantly. This one was replaced by Hxpex waranty another one start to shut off after 20-30 startups. This was also shipped to Hypex and was repaired. Now both are working fine.
I am satisfied with Hypex waranty and support.
Both smps are not +/-63 V but SMPS1200A180 +/-46V.
I assembled this amp for my friend so that was his wish.
It is connected to heavy moded Minimax dac. About sound in future days, when i will have time to listen carefully.
Excuse me for bad pictures made by phone.

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,034
  • amp3.jpg
    amp3.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • ampdac1.jpg
    ampdac1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,014

Congratulations :worship:

I heard about all the mess with SMPS1200, it is almost unbelievable what happened but I hope that would be a big big warning for Hypex to set much better quality control and avoid this kind of a shame in the future. :cuss:

Now you are qualified for v1.3, just send an e-mail to:

first.one.amp@gmail.com

Wish you and your friend some good listening experiences, enjoy. :cheers:

It's one thing to be sensitive and quite another to be unjust.
Sorry if i misunderstood, but it was just some kind of solidarity between designers. If you read the whole story of the Lazy Cat work, the SSA then the VSSA threads, you will see it is not in the commercial area now by his own decision, but by the administrators of this forum.
It was a real DIY project before this, and LC provided a lot of help to everybody wanted to build those amps, included modified versions.
You asked for a more powerful VSSA amp, and LC answered use the "First One". Witch was exactly what you asked for. Same amp, more power.

Althought i have some problems with Hypex smps i am happy that amp is working now.
Both SMPS were defect. First was semi dead after few startups...but only negative rail made problems. After connecting speakers starting to goes on and off constantly. This one was replaced by Hxpex waranty another one start to shut off after 20-30 startups. This was also shipped to Hypex and was repaired. Now both are working fine.
I am satisfied with Hypex waranty and support.

Yes, specially when hypex uses cheap parts, that should happen

Also syncro rectifier can cause many problems